Gary Megson says Fernando seems to have baggage

2 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Megson's abrasive personality has seen him have plenty of baggage.

He has no more insight into Wednesday these days than the average fan. So sh*t stirring does no one any good.

All he appears to have done is pass comment on one of our players, all of it seems fairly accurate and most of it positive.

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

You are a cheeky tinker Neil! 

I thought we were on a positivity drive, what with the neg ban etc. 

The title of this piece could easily have been

Gary Megson says "Fernando can be a massive asset for Wednesday.” 

Indeed.

13 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I hope we, the fans, dont fall in the same trap as they did with DiCanio, where they put him above the team.

Teams win games, not individuals.

Who are 'they' in this instance?

3 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Wish this ginger g*t would just do one !!! Cannot stand him and the verbal excrement he spouts.  Cue Simaniac and 'The Ginger Cult' ( Mispelt the last word) bretheren being all over this thread.

It is The Cult of Megson FFS!

Whatever HE says is correct and must be listened to. 

garymegson

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

“I think he’s the best player in the Championship. He seems to have baggage, from where I don’t know. But I think if he can settle down then he’ll be a massive asset for Wednesday.

“I don’t mean fitness wise, but what he’s done in the past like getting the hump because he wanted to leave Wednesday – those things stick in the throat a little bit. But in terms of talent and work rate and the way that he plays, he completely changes Wednesday.

“I used to watch him when he was at Watford and he was really talented but after a while they didn’t play him, so there’s obviously something in his make-up that clubs aren’t having. He gets the opportunity to play for an even bigger club and he’s got everything at his feet there.

“If he can just knuckle down – and I’m sure he can – and just plays how he plays he can be a massive asset for Wednesday.”

The ginger one never gets it wrong. 

17 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

It is The Cult of Megson FFS!

Whatever HE says is correct and must be listened to. 

garymegson

Your obsession with megson is strange

3 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

If he'd refused to get on the coach to Norwich under Megson he'd have never played for Wednesday again, in fact he'd have ended up in the River Don, instead he got a pay rise.

and same with di canio megson would have done same with him ,and look what good that did us ,20 years of stagnation . managers like d Wilson and megson are dinosaurs ,

I don’t quite know why mr megson has done this other than to have an opinion?? Does he think no one else realises Fernando isn’t a complex character? And when it comes to baggage meggo ought to be sponsored by samsonite!! Most club he’s left it’s been under a cloud!

I don't think FF ever wanted to leave.

I just think he resented Fletcher being on more money than him.

One thing's for certain, he's contributed more since he's been here than Fletcher has, and he's well ahead of other signings we've made.

As for Megson, he'd never handle a player like FF.

He's another Wilson in that regard.

Wilson called Di Canio a fancy Dan, 'Arry put his picture on the boardroom wall.

Nando does struggle with a lot of stuff. He's a superstar trapped in a near-superstar's body/talent. I reckon it drives him mad, and he's not had anyone properly get in his ear yet and explain that he's not gonna be an A-lister on talent alone; that he's a few percent short of that very top level, and that he's got to graft and earn it that bit harder as a result.

Knockeart is a very similar player in that regard, and they've both got the work ethic part sorted, but Knockaert has calmed himself down enough to not be on the verge of chucking his toys out the pram every few months - Nando hasn't quite, IMO, but I think he's found a place he loves here partly because we have plenty of players and staff who can be a good influence.

Sounds ridiculous to drag the big fella in yet again, but - certainly in Semedo's absence - it's yet another role where someone Atdhe shines at a club like ours. Does players like Nando a world of good to work alongside a lovely, down-to-earth, honest-as-the-day-is-long grafter like Nuhiu who has to work his butt off for every bit of press he gets.

It'll all work out. I feel like the unnecessarily rough ride FF has given himself in the past couple of years is slowly but surely working its way out of his system and he'll start to mature a lot over the next season or two - partly *because* we've had this rubbish year with zero glory, and everyone's just had to tough it out.

In many ways it wipes the slate clean of all the get-rich-quick giddiness (and resulting instability) that the CC seasons brought. If there's a silver lining to this year's debacle, it's that for me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Wish this ginger g*t would just do one !!! Cannot stand him and the verbal excrement he spouts.  Cue Simaniac and 'The Ginger Cult' ( Mispelt the last word) bretheren being all over this thread.

Not sure what the problem is.

Man gives opinion. What's to get annoyed about?

6 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Wtf 1 of us ini????

6 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Shouldnt you be observing a period of mourning with the rest of the Diddy Men? Even we cult members have eaten jam butties in honour of Ken Dodd. Yet we all heed the wise words of the Ginger Messiah - "Nando don't play chicken!"

Some Saggy Moner who thinks , " My Rags Gone and I'm a gringe", comes up with an idea to be Naggy S'more about one of our players, in a way that can be construed either positively or negatively.  

Seems someone noticed and put him in the limelight again just as a football season begins to wind down.

BTW, Wehere's Gary Megson these days ?? lol