Gary Megson says Fernando seems to have baggage

“I think he’s the best player in the Championship. He seems to have baggage, from where I don’t know. But I think if he can settle down then he’ll be a massive asset for Wednesday.

“I don’t mean fitness wise, but what he’s done in the past like getting the hump because he wanted to leave Wednesday – those things stick in the throat a little bit. But in terms of talent and work rate and the way that he plays, he completely changes Wednesday.

“I used to watch him when he was at Watford and he was really talented but after a while they didn’t play him, so there’s obviously something in his make-up that clubs aren’t having. He gets the opportunity to play for an even bigger club and he’s got everything at his feet there.

“If he can just knuckle down – and I’m sure he can – and just plays how he plays he can be a massive asset for Wednesday.”

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Same

Was very strange when he was shoved in their reserves

did that coincide with a change of manager? (probably, seeing how many managers they got through.)

And?? Still here, still wanting to play. If he wanted to leave he might have been made to stay, but he wouldn’t be playing, just look at George Hirst, cut adrift for much less than apparently wanting to leave. Injured or not, 2 years on Nando would not be turning out in a Wednesday shirt if he wanted out

• Like 2

Guest Arcadianrocket

His situation wasn't that strange at Watford, he had a few injuries just as Vydra, Deeney and Igalo started hitting form.

He was still held in great esteem and couldn't guarantee him first team football.

Fair play Fernando for leaving to get first team football.

Watford fans adore him just like we should.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

“I think he’s the best player in the Championship. He seems to have baggage, from where I don’t know. But I think if he can settle down then he’ll be a massive asset for Wednesday.

“I don’t mean fitness wise, but what he’s done in the past like getting the hump because he wanted to leave Wednesday – those things stick in the throat a little bit. But in terms of talent and work rate and the way that he plays, he completely changes Wednesday.

“I used to watch him when he was at Watford and he was really talented but after a while they didn’t play him, so there’s obviously something in his make-up that clubs aren’t having. He gets the opportunity to play for an even bigger club and he’s got everything at his feet there.

“If he can just knuckle down – and I’m sure he can – and just plays how he plays he can be a massive asset for Wednesday.”

Hasnt Megson got any gardening to do ?