Alan Biggs - "Westwood, Wallace and Whodes"

3 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Something wude about sports journalists recommending the termination of the contracts of people who have been doing what they are paid just for talking about. 

go watch the pigs, Mr Biggs!

Since when was 'moving players on' a termination of their contract?

18 minutes ago, poite said:

Since when was 'moving players on' a termination of their contract?

OK - was maybe being a bit harsh with Biggsy but only if you are in management/ HR does 

"Surplus to requirements" get rebranded as "moving on"

No guarantee that Wallace will get another job - back in the day that was called 'the sack' or at best 'redundancy'

put it this way, it would be regarded as rude if a manager or player questioned whether a journalist should continue in their job - "do unto others etc....."

6 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I could see Jos (if he stays) getting more out of Matias and Abdi next season in the same way he's got a tune out of Nuhiu and Joao this season. The trick is keeping them fit.

He's already got a bit more out of Matias this season.. Abdi just doesn't seem to fit for whatever reason.

5 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Excellent article Uncle Alan. I think you'd have to be educationally challenged not to fully understand your undertones.

Good points well made. I agree with you. Let's shake that little blue bag of salt to produce a nice tasty portion of ready salted. Then add some Woodpecker cider.

Are you still writing his material for him mate :stuwinky:

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I could see Jos (if he stays) getting more out of Matias and Abdi next season in the same way he's got a tune out of Nuhiu and Joao this season. The trick is keeping them fit.

That would be nearer a miracle than a trick. 

And the Easter miracle deadline has just passed. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

Westwood is a no brainer. Must be on 25k plus and we have a proven replacement who's development would be hampered if he stays. Also we might get 1.5m for him. I like Westwood, but if you need to make money to squeak through ffp, he has to go, 

In the thread “best Wednesday XI” Westwood gets in most people’s teams; I think his absence has made people forget the number of points he’s won us over the past 3 years. 

He’s also a good talker at the back and a good character in the squad. 

I’d keep him. 

8 hours ago, room0035 said:

So we cannot find anyone to take any of our players, I think Rhodes will end up out on loan for 6 months to get him scoring raise his price then we sell him in January at a small lose on the £8m we spent on him and get his £40k wages of the bills, Matias will be loaned back to Portugal until the end of his contract again getting his £15-20k off the wage bill. Jones will end up at a lower Premiership team looking for that experienced campaigner maybe a small fee but £20k wages off the wage bill, Winnall will be off for anyone who offers us £2.5-£3m again saving his 318k wages, Abdi is the problem as he is simply a waste of money and never should have been bought in the first place, if we can find anyone to take him we will have done well he is onywhere from £20-40k a week depending where you read, if we could loan him out and pay 50% of his wages it could be a £500k - £1m a season saving

And unfortunately I think it is the end of his career for Hutch but I hope the club offer him a route into the coaching staff as if you could bottle his passion and will to succeed and feed it to the current team we would lose a game next year.

Jones - Premiership ?

lol

I admire your optimism in getting money back for Rhodes.

But can't share it.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Once again people just hammering whoever wrote the article instead of looking at what they've said and discussing that instead

He's pretty much saying the same as many other Wednesday fans

and many other wednesday fans are wrong aswell

14 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Jones - Premiership ?

lol

I admire your optimism in getting money back for Rhodes.

But can't share it.

The simple fact of it we cannot afford to lose £8m that Rhodes cost and he still has over 2 years of his £40k a week we need to either play him or send him out on loan to play and score goals - the obvious place would be Celtic or rangers an easy league where he should get a bucket load, then his value currently around £3m will hopefully go up, they will be paying his salary which will save us up to £2m for the whole season and hopefully if he start scoring again someone will take a punt on him for 35-7m and we can get away with a small lose.

Or we do what we are currently doing - don't play him, continue to pay his £40k a week then in two years he leaves on a free. 

I prefer my option where we won't lose £8 + £2m a season x 4 on wages = £16m lose

As for Jones we don't want him or need him and need to offload him he has got to be on around £20k as he won't have dropped down to lesser wages joining us from Burnley so we are looking at a lower end Premiership team or a top 10 championship team taking him, if not we will do the say thing as Rhodes let him sit in the stands on £20k a week until the end of his contract.

Look we have to change the way we do business or the next account will show a bigger and bigger lose.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

The simple fact of it we cannot afford to lose £8m that Rhodes cost and he still has over 2 years of his £40k a week we need to either play him or send him out on loan to play and score goals - the obvious place would be Celtic or rangers an easy league where he should get a bucket load, then his value currently around £3m will hopefully go up, they will be paying his salary which will save us up to £2m for the whole season and hopefully if he start scoring again someone will take a punt on him for 35-7m and we can get away with a small lose.

Or we do what we are currently doing - don't play him, continue to pay his £40k a week then in two years he leaves on a free. 

I prefer my option where we won't lose £8 + £2m a season x 4 on wages = £16m lose

As for Jones we don't want him or need him and need to offload him he has got to be on around £20k as he won't have dropped down to lesser wages joining us from Burnley so we are looking at a lower end Premiership team or a top 10 championship team taking him, if not we will do the say thing as Rhodes let him sit in the stands on £20k a week until the end of his contract.

Look we have to change the way we do business or the next account will show a bigger and bigger lose.

Whatever

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Whatever

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

I thought you meant 35-37m. lol 

On 04/04/2018 at 13:14, @owlstalk said:

Biggs has turned into Jonathon Woss