Alan Biggs - "Westwood, Wallace and Whodes"

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

The very fact that it’s Alan Biggs is enough for some to start slagging him off.

I’ve always found the amnosity some have towards him a little odd if I’m being honest.

He’s a journalist who writes a column, I quite like reading his take on things but for those who seem to dislike him, just don’t bother reading it.

Exactly this

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You don't get it... they're here until their contracts are up.

Why can't you understand that?

WTF!?

Westwood is not needed. 

He faffs about too much. 

Up until he arrived at Hillsborough he was 3rd choice 2nd at best 

Not good enough to get near 1st choice at ROi

Agree he's been probably best we've had for a while but that's not been too difficult to achieve.

And NO WAY is he the best in championship.

Save on wages get gone 

The best form of development for our two young keepers is fighting for the first team "green shirt" 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The very fact that it’s Alan Biggs is enough for some to start slagging him off.

I’ve always found the amnosity some have towards him a little odd if I’m being honest.

He’s a journalist who writes a column, I quite like reading his take on things but for those who seem to dislike him, just don’t bother reading it.

The problem I have with Bigsy is he cribs other stories add's a few lines and puts it down as his work, all through the summer he never once went down to the club and spoke to any of them for what was going on.

He doesn't proof reads his article or check any off the details the article in Question who is 'Adam Butterfield' and which team does he play for?

Simple little errors that a season Journalist should not be making.

Westwood - keep however if a bid came in I wouldn't be too fussed about him leaving.

Hunt - keep

Jones - sell, the guy has shown he can't keep us up let alone mount a play-off challenge.

Van Aken - keep

Lee - keep

Fox - sell, yes he's looked better at centre back but we can get better 

Rhodes- sell, it just hasn't happened for him unfortunately 

Butterfield - can't wait for him to be gone!!!

Fletcher - same as Westwood, I would keep him, however if an offer came in I wouldn't mind selling him

Bannan - keep

Winnall - I would keep him however he wants to go Derby so screw him lol

Loovens - let go as a player but keep him on as a coach

Hooper - keep 

Lees - keep

Palmer - sell, yes he's a Wednesdayite but he's simply not good enough 

Nuhiu - offer a 2 year contract

João - keep 

Matias - keep until Christmas time and see what he does regarding form or injuries if they don't improve sell in January 

Reach - keep 

Boyd - I'm not overly convinced so not bothered either way what we do with him

Hutchinson - keep on the proviso that he plays centre back where he'll get less injuries and bookings 

Dawson - let him and Wildsmith battle it out for number 1 place (Dawson is the better keeper)

Pelupessy - keep 

Wallace - let go

Pudil - offer a 2 year contract as he's looked better at centre back

Kean - let go

Abdi - same as Matias 

Forestieri - must keep 

Venâncio - sign up 

The likes of Clare and Hirst are making it clear they'e leaving so nothing we can do about them. 

Excellent article Uncle Alan. I think you'd have to be educationally challenged not to fully understand your undertones.

Good points well made. I agree with you. Let's shake that little blue bag of salt to produce a nice tasty portion of ready salted. Then add some Woodpecker cider.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Westwood is not needed. 

He faffs about too much. 

Agree he's been probably best we've had for a while but that's not been too difficult to achieve.

Save on wages get gone 

The best form of development for our two young keepers is fighting for the first team "green shirt" 

Westwood not the no1 for roi because he always injured and keeps pulling out of the squad but is the keeper we have, I no cause I'm Irish 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

This. 100%. But we now live in a society that seems to thrive on being appalled at things that are very easily avoided. Is Social Media partly to blame, I wonder? 

59 minutes ago, offalyowl said:

Westwood not the no1 for roi because he always injured and keeps pulling out of the squad but is the keeper we have, I no cause I'm Irish 

So it's agreed then he's not anywhere near good enough ?

He wasn't injured for the  Euros was he ?

During the qualifiers he was ever present for Wednesday was he not?

I know cause I'm sheffieldish .....lol

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

So we cannot find anyone to take any of our players, I think Rhodes will end up out on loan for 6 months to get him scoring raise his price then we sell him in January at a small lose on the £8m we spent on him and get his £40k wages of the bills, Matias will be loaned back to Portugal until the end of his contract again getting his £15-20k off the wage bill. Jones will end up at a lower Premiership team looking for that experienced campaigner maybe a small fee but £20k wages off the wage bill, Winnall will be off for anyone who offers us £2.5-£3m again saving his 318k wages, Abdi is the problem as he is simply a waste of money and never should have been bought in the first place, if we can find anyone to take him we will have done well he is onywhere from £20-40k a week depending where you read, if we could loan him out and pay 50% of his wages it could be a £500k - £1m a season saving

And unfortunately I think it is the end of his career for Hutch but I hope the club offer him a route into the coaching staff as if you could bottle his passion and will to succeed and feed it to the current team we would lose a game next year.

Jones end up at a lower prem club ha ha ha ha what are you on mate

4 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Jones end up at a lower prem club ha ha ha ha what are you on mate

Jones has experiences of winning I think its 3 or 4 promotion before joining us he was a main stay in a decent Burnley midfield. 

If you were a 13th a below Premier League team look for a decent central midfielder who could play 20+ games and not cost the world then I do think a lot of teams would look at him, the problem is he has gone backwards since coming to us that a 21 kid with 4 first team appearances look more of a talent than him. 

Could you not see him playing for a West Brom or Bournemouth!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Jones has experiences of winning I think its 3 or 4 promotion before joining us he was a main stay in a decent Burnley midfield. 

If you were a 13th a below Premier League team look for a decent central midfielder who could play 20+ games and not cost the world then I do think a lot of teams would look at him, the problem is he has gone backwards since coming to us that a 21 kid with 4 first team appearances look more of a talent than him. 

Could you not see him playing for a West Brom or Bournemouth!

He cant get in a team 16th in championship mate never mind prem .how old is he now 33

2 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Westwood is not needed. 

He faffs about too much. 

Save on wages get gone 

Disagree with this, he was snubbed for ROI and I think they suffered in the WC as a result, some of the soft goals conceded when compared to his display at Wembley.

If we don’t have the luxury of being able to afford to keep him then by all means I think we may need to consider selling. But when fit ie unlike the start of this season he is the best all round keeper here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Once again people just hammering whoever wrote the article instead of looking at what they've said and discussing that instead

He's pretty much saying the same as many other Wednesday fans

Absolutely this.

No wonder he's saying the same as many Wednesday fans.

Looks like he's copied and pasted most of this weeks column from the many Owlstalk threads on this subject.

If he keeps at it he might wring enough out of OUR posts to do another couple of weeks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, offalyowl said:

MON punished him for this and chose Randolph instead. He also said that Westwood would get picked if he moved on, which made him look daft when he was picking Randolph a reserve at West Ham who also dropped to the championship.

I would choose Westwood over Randolph all being equal. As would Boro allegedly as he was their primary target. 

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

MON punished him for this and chose Randolph instead. He also said that Westwood would get picked if he moved on, which made him look daft when he was picking Randolph a reserve at West Ham who also dropped to the championship.

I would choose Westwood over all being equal. As would Boro allegedly as he was their primary target. 

Thats your opinion mate ..

And I respect it 

Thats what's good about Owlstalk the differing opinion 

That doesnt mean one manis always right 

I say Tomato .....

No one says Tomaytoe

lol

Utah and the colonised yanks from sheffield might though now :ph34r:

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Thats your opinion mate ..

And I respect it 

Thats what's good about Owlstalk the differing opinion 

That doesnt mean one manis always right 

I say Tomato .....

No one says Tomaytoe

lol

Utah and the colonised yanks from sheffield might though now :ph34r:

Of course, but to be fair the stance of him being nowhere near good enough needed an alternate view :carlos::biggrin: