Alan Biggs - "Westwood, Wallace and Whodes"

Westwood is a no brainer. Must be on 25k plus and we have a proven replacement who's development would be hampered if he stays. Also we might get 1.5m for him. I like Westwood, but if you need to make money to squeak through ffp, he has to go, 

Bigsy would get rid of Westwood - i didn't read any further. Best Keeper we have had in 20+ years and the reason that Wildsmith and Dawson have improved so much because of the level of competition. Still only just coming into him prime and fully fit still the best keeper outside of the premiership.

Wildsmith has done well but not our number 1 as he has made a lot of mistakes but that happens when you are young and learning your trade, the difference though a midfielder makes a mistake he gives a foul away a keeper makes a mistake it normally costs a goal or penalty. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Westwood is a no brainer. Must be on 25k plus and we have a proven replacement who's development would be hampered if he stays. Also we might get 1.5m for him. I like Westwood, but if you need to make money to squeak through ffp, he has to go, 

Nah the two youngster have improved working with the best keeper in the division it would be a big mistake to get rid now.

Before we look at the keeper lets thin out the strikers and central midfield and Matias there is plenty of waste there - Jones, Abdi, Matias, Hutch, Fletcher, Rhodes, Winnall - get rid of this lot and without any fees that would be £200,000+ a week of the wages.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Bigsy would get rid of Westwood - i didn't read any further. Best Keeper we have had in 20+ years and the reason that Wildsmith and Dawson have improved so much because of the level of competition. Still only just coming into him prime and fully fit still the best keeper outside of the premiership.

Wildsmith has done well but not our number 1 as he has made a lot of mistakes but that happens when you are young and learning your trade, the difference though a midfielder makes a mistake he gives a foul away a keeper makes a mistake it normally costs a goal or penalty. 

...and breathe. 

• Haha 1

Just now, room0035 said:

Nah the two youngster have improved working with the best keeper in the division it would be a big mistake to get rid now.

Before we look at the keeper lets thin out the strikers and central midfield and Matias there is plenty of waste there - Jones, Abdi, Matias, Hutch, Fletcher, Rhodes, Winnall - get rid of this lot and without any fees that would be £200,000+ a week of the wages.

You don't get it... they're here until their contracts are up.

Why can't you understand that?

WTF!?

If we want promotion, why on earth would we sell Keiren Westwood (who is still our best goalkeeper) likely to a promotion rival, strengthening them and weakening us? 

That would be absolutely nonsensical. 

Wildsmith and Dawson can be the future for us, but if we want promotion next season, then Westwood has to stay. Then assess towards the end of the season when his contract is due for renewal

Wildsmith is still contracted for 3.5+ years anyway, so hardly like he's going to force a move or anything. 

Can only benefit him having Westwood to learn from day in day out, then take the reigns when the time comes in 1-2 years. 

Thats my take anyway!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Shut up Hutch... 

Just now, Costello 77 said:

You don't get it... they're here until their contracts are up.

Why can't you understand that?

WTF!?

So we cannot find anyone to take any of our players, I think Rhodes will end up out on loan for 6 months to get him scoring raise his price then we sell him in January at a small lose on the £8m we spent on him and get his £40k wages of the bills, Matias will be loaned back to Portugal until the end of his contract again getting his £15-20k off the wage bill. Jones will end up at a lower Premiership team looking for that experienced campaigner maybe a small fee but £20k wages off the wage bill, Winnall will be off for anyone who offers us £2.5-£3m again saving his 318k wages, Abdi is the problem as he is simply a waste of money and never should have been bought in the first place, if we can find anyone to take him we will have done well he is onywhere from £20-40k a week depending where you read, if we could loan him out and pay 50% of his wages it could be a £500k - £1m a season saving

And unfortunately I think it is the end of his career for Hutch but I hope the club offer him a route into the coaching staff as if you could bottle his passion and will to succeed and feed it to the current team we would lose a game next year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Once again people just hammering whoever wrote the article instead of looking at what they've said and discussing that instead

He's pretty much saying the same as many other Wednesday fans

The very fact that it’s Alan Biggs is enough for some to start slagging him off.

I’ve always found the amnosity some have towards him a little odd if I’m being honest.

He’s a journalist who writes a column, I quite like reading his take on things but for those who seem to dislike him, just don’t bother reading it.