8 minutes ago, ramone said:

Leon Clarke scored 11 goals in 4 games in November, I dont see him sat on 120 goals for the season... One purple patch in 5 years doesn;t mean we should keep him in knickers for the rest of his life.

If he carries on this form then yes, he deserves his new deal. In my personal opinion, if he doesn't score another goal until the end of the season we should realise that it was just a purple patch that EVERY striker has in their career. Again, just my opinion

Tend to agree, and don't think OP so ridiculous in first place.

Let's be honest, on evidence of all but most recent performances, Atdhe is not the man to take us forward and most of you would happily have got rid of him earlier in the season. I'm (just about) OK with offer of new contract, but ironically we may no longer be able to afford him - no idea if he loves the club or not, but suspect he would only re-sign on improved terms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

Tend to agree, and don't think OP so ridiculous in first place.

Let's be honest, on evidence of all but most recent performances, Atdhe is not the man to take us forward and most of you would happily have got rid of him earlier in the season. I'm (just about) OK with offer of new contract, but ironically we may no longer be able to afford him - no idea if he loves the club or not, but suspect he would only re-sign on improved terms.

Agree with everything here.

One thing to remember as well is I reckon Nuhiu constantly getting on the bench is a massive reason for George Hirst not signing his new deal. Seeing him getting on the bench when he'd not scored for 18 months would have broken him especially as he was banging them in for fun at youth level and felt he deserved his shot. Trying to keep Nuhiu involved created the monster in my opinion. I have no inside knowledge or anything like that, just a hunch. 

• Haha 1

Just now, DJMortimer said:

The bloke started 4 league games in the 19 months prior to last December. Not exactly conducive to being prolific is it?

Ole Gunnar Solskjear barley started for Man Utd, he was as prolific as they come coming off the bench... Or are you trying to say that you cant score from the bench? I'm unsure... 

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

Ole Gunnar Solskjear barley started for Man Utd, he was as prolific as they come coming off the bench... Or are you trying to say that you cant score from the bench? I'm unsure... 

217 games is "barely" starting?

I'm also guessing that playing in those Manchester United sides wan't much of a handicap to goalscoring when compared with ours?

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

And what was the reason he only started 4 league games? 

Because he had the likes of Fernando Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Jordan Rhodes and Steven Fletcher ahead of him, which for the most part was fair enough based on their historic experience and records.

You can't have it both ways.

217 games is "barely" starting?

I'm also guessing that playing in those Manchester United sides wan't much of a handicap to goalscoring when compared with ours?

During the time period you mentioned we were a team that was at the top end of the league. Your argument is so flawed its almost funny...

Because he had the likes of Fernando Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Jordan Rhodes and Steven Fletcher ahead of him, which for the most part was fair enough based on their historic experience and records.

You can't have it both ways.

So basically, he wasn't good enough to start. Just say it how it is and stop trying to flower it up. 

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

'It only takes a second to score a goal' - Brian Clough, England greatest ever manager.

So if he only had 15 minutes each game, thats 900 available opportunities to score. Over an 18 month period of 15 mins per game thats 54,000 available opportunities (approx maths) 

I'm sure you catch my drift... 

5 minutes ago, ramone said:

So basically, he wasn't good enough to start. Just say it how it is and stop trying to flower it up. 

Says the person who authoritatively claims 217 games is "barely" starting?

:laugh:

You want your cake and to eat it as well. If a bloke doesn't play much then he's not likely to score often is he? 

1 minute ago, ramone said:

'It only takes a second to score a goal' - Brian Clough, England greatest ever manager.

So if he only had 15 minutes each game, thats 900 available opportunities to score. Over an 18 month period of 15 mins per game thats 54,000 available opportunities (approx maths) 

I'm sure you catch my drift... 

Indeed. Those who were starting regularly should have scored hundreds of goals that season.

:dry:

2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Wouldn't be near our squad for what reason? He's never had such a run of games, and he's proving to everyone that he can score goals.

If you want to move on from a striker that's just scored 8 in 11 then fair enough, but I think you're being very harsh on him.

He's earned himself another contract, we'd be stupid not to give him what he deserves.

Yes he certainly has had a run of games to prove himself, don’t forget he’s been here five years 

jury’s still out for me, it he can prove himself to be beneficial over a sustained period of time then great, however a couple goals against woeful opposition  (carlisle, Sunderland) doesn’t sway my opinion as such, not including his wonder strike against Preston of course 

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Says the person who authoritatively claims 217 games is "barely" starting?

:laugh:

You want your cake and to eat it as well. If a bloke doesn't play much then he's not likely to score often is he? 

So the i imagined the 'super sub' tag he had his entire career then...? 

People were happy to give Jermaine Johnson a contract extension year upon year due to his performances in the latter couple of months of the season. Atdhe Nuhiu has been one of the most, if not the most, consistent performer since Brammall Lane away.

He warrants a contract extension with the salary and length determined by how focal Jos see's him in his plans for the future. 

Happy to say he has converted me to a believer that he deserves to play in this league.