30 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

We've had a number of players who have earned themselves new 1 year contracts towards the end of a season.

A bigger concern to me is that we offer one year deals....and other clubs come in and offer them 2 or 3 year deals and we lose players who have actually been performing and are left with crippled ones or ones that haven't been performing. 

40 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I almost got to a point where I wanted him to stay. We have to move on. We have to expect better and aspire to be better. There is no way he would be near our squad without poor recruitment and a huge number of injuries.

Its just that simple.

If he stays and bangs in 15 next year then fair flippingplay

Wow. Read some utter sheeet on here before but this is up there.

It's so ridiculous that I cant take it seriously. 

2 year deal for me. He offers something different, a nice asset to have, always works hard, good for morale etc. I'd be happy with a strikeforce of nuhiu, hooper, joao, forestieri to be honest, maybe one more with our injury luck recently. Then again I've always liked Nuhiu, my sort of player, so maybe I am a bit biased. 

What does the poor guy have to do ?!?

As Ian Dowie said last week, people think that he's just a big lump, but he's got very good feet, there aren't many centre forwards in the Championship with a better first touch than Big Dave. I remember his debut goal against QPR, great touch and finish in a tight situation.

And all this wearing a shirt that looks like he nicked it a twelve year old boy.

48 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I almost got to a point where I wanted him to stay. We have to move on. We have to expect better and aspire to be better. There is no way he would be near our squad without poor recruitment and a huge number of injuries.

Its just that simple.

Adthe will bang 15 in your wife

1 minute ago, scilly owl said:

What does the poor guy have to do ?!?

As Ian Dowie said last week, people think that he's just a big lump, but he's got very good feet, there aren't many centre forwards in the Championship with a better first touch than Big Dave. I remember his debut goal against QPR, great touch and finish in a tight situation.

And all this wearing a shirt that looks like he nicked it a twelve year old boy.

He said it himself didn't he when he moved here that he wanted to show he wasn't just there for heading the ball or something. I think he has proved that consistently, hold up play is excellent, has made some right goals/assists over the years by running past players and taking them on.

52 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Its just that simple.

You've lost the Plot

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Its just that simple.

You will not see a finer example than this of why "Negs" are required.....worst post of the year and that's saying something.

17 minutes ago, SwfcG said:

That is a possibility Tbf! Maybe I’m a little naive but genuinely think he likes the club and if an offer was made he wouldn’t turn it down!

i hope so, but then i'd also hope this run of form he's in would continue, maybe the fulham game will tell us more of what we need to know.

is it a flash in the pan, from the performances where we've seen things not go right for him, does he lack confidence?, has he not been match fit for the last 24 months?, was he playing with players that didn't suit him?

WHAT IS IT THAT'S CHANGED? AND CAN IT CHANGE BACK ONCE INK HAS DRIED ON PAPER, OR BEFORE?

Just now, Morepork said:

You will not see a finer example than this of why "Negs" are required.....worst post of the year and that's saying something.

you maybe going a lil' far with the 'worst post of the year' award, it's a finalist, and in with a good shout, but there's some jaffas on here.

• Haha 4

Ridiculous post, even if we exclude all those skillful goals he's score of late he is no doubt the life and soul of the dressing room, all the players seem to love him, obviously his personality plays a large part in this but all our players also seem aware what he brings to the team, even before he became a lethal goalscorer. Dangerous to get rid of a player like this.

53 minutes ago, dnhc said:

with his contract up, he maybe playing because he's in the shop window.

Hear this a lot but it's just a fans myth. I don't think players deliberately play crap for 3 years then suddenly with 3 months of the contract to go think, I'd better score 9 in 12 games to get myself another contract. He offers something different to virtually any other striker in the division. He should be given a new deal imo.  

1 hour ago, dnhc said:

with his contract up, he maybe playing because he's in the shop window.

If there's only one player in our squad who doesn't deserve this kind of insulting assumption, it's Nuhiu. Even some of his most consistent critics acknowledge he always puts in the graft.