I almost got to a point where I wanted him to stay. We have to move on. We have to expect better and aspire to be better. There is no way he would be near our squad without poor recruitment and a huge number of injuries.

Its just that simple.

If he stays and bangs in 15 next year then fair flippingplay

• Like 1

Wouldn't be near our squad for what reason? He's never had such a run of games, and he's proving to everyone that he can score goals.

If you want to move on from a striker that's just scored 8 in 11 then fair enough, but I think you're being very harsh on him.

He's earned himself another contract, we'd be stupid not to give him what he deserves.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I almost got to a point where I wanted him to stay. We have to move on. We have to expect better and aspire to be better. There is no way he would be near our squad without poor recruitment and a huge number of injuries.

Its just that simple.

At his current rate, he’ll score more than 15 next season so it’s ludicrous to even suggest not keeping him. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

6 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Wouldn't be near our squad for what reason? He's never had such a run of games, and he's proving to everyone that he can score goals.

If you want to move on from a striker that's just scored 8 in 11 then fair enough, but I think you're being very harsh on him.

He's earned himself another contract, we'd be stupid not to give him what he deserves.

We've had a number of players who have earned themselves new 1 year contracts towards the end of a season.

15 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Its just that simple.

Considering we won't really be able to spend much in the close season and a potential embargo looming, it's a no brainer to re-sign him mate.

12 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

whilst nothing can be taken as a must, or for granted, his 8 in 11 equates to a full season tally of 32, yes we really need to be looking for someone who can score more than 32 in a season, and we've all the money in the world to buy him with.WTF:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maxine said:

He has to stay he's a great sub but for now him and Joao are a right pair up front.

At this present time the division's best strike partnership. Let's hope it continues next season. 

15 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Its just that simple.

Are you for real.

The guy more or less single handedly saved our season with the Leeds and Preston performances.

Yes, not the most skilled but makes up for it with commitment and passion.

Never got the chance to prove himself but I think 9 from 12 proves a point.

Stupid thread which I'm now leaving.

• Haha 1

Can’t believe there are still doubters??? He’s more than proven his commitment and desire but when you combine that with the goals he’s scoring how can he not be a fan favourite?!?!?!

3 minutes ago, SwfcG said:

Can’t believe there are still doubters??? He’s more than proven his commitment and desire but when you combine that with the goals he’s scoring how can he not be a fan favourite?!?!?!

with his contract up, he maybe playing because he's in the shop window.

4 minutes ago, dnhc said:

with his contract up, he maybe playing because he's in the shop window.

That is a possibility Tbf! Maybe I’m a little naive but genuinely think he likes the club and if an offer was made he wouldn’t turn it down!