Nuhiu: Player of the month

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 22:14, Ian said:

Well that was a fun day.....just got back after spending most of the night shoving feckin BMW's up hills in Huddersfield so I could drive up them

Took his goals well the useless lump.....says it all that folk are going off like he's won the Champions league for scoring 2 goals in a meaningless league game......didn't Rhodes do something similar at Bolton earlier on in the season 

Enjoy yourselves chaps, but don't forget.....that's his quota for 18 months used up in one game so don't hold back on the celebration 

anyone who thinks i'm gutted needs to give their head a wobble

• Haha 4

Well deserved. Not just because he’s been excellent the last few months, but also because he’s always remained professional. He’s clearly always been integral to the team spirit despite not playing much when we had a fully fit squad. Always gives it his all. 

I think he’s come on leaps and bounds since arriving in Sheffield, more experienced and he’s now showing what he can do. He’s always had the skill.

Well done Dave.

Anyone with a brain could easily see that after 4.5 years of being awful he was quite clearly going to start scoring for fun at this point in the season. 

Good timing aswell given that his contract is up in a couple of months.

Genuinely mean the well done. He's been exceptional over these past few games.

Edited by poite
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, trotter said:

Maybe its more to do with the team starting to play balls into his feet rather than just lump it at his head because he is 6'5

To be fair i can't remember us playing long ball football under the last 2 managers at all. 

1 hour ago, poite said:

Well done Dave.

Anyone with a brain could easily see that after 4.5 years of being awful he was quite clearly going to start scoring for fun at this point in the season. 

Except that he hasn't been awful for 4.5 yrs, as anyone who understands his primary role in the team isnt just to score goals knows.

You dont mean 'genuinely well done' at all, as your nasty little dig shows.

Edited by Bannofan

Well deserved based on his goals in the last few matches; his team mates and the staff love him to bits by the sound of it too. I was never a big fan and still despair at times when I see him needlessly take players out or dive. His head and feet frequently fail to co-ordinate making him seem like a bit of a donkey. For all that, he has helped us stay up this season and has been inspiring when we needed him to be. Well done that man.

Yep he has so far taken his chance, good on the lad as had we had a fully fit squad he probably would not be starting many games. So hopefully he will resign with us and kick on over the summer, come back fitter and better and try and claim a starting role next season consistently. Same goes for Joao he needs to prove he is the real deal, if they do, they we could get rid of Fletcher, Rhodes and Winnall and still have enough in the tank with Joao, Hooper, Fessi and Nuihu dependent on what formation we use next season.

23 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

To be fair i can't remember us playing long ball football under the last 2 managers at all. 

I can certainly remember.

I believe we purported not to do, but as soon as Nuhiu was on the pitch our forward play consisted largely of smacking at him from 50 yards...and this is not a statement made with benefit of hindsight, it drove me f*#*ing nuts at the time as the poor sods who have to suffer my presence at the matches would confirm.

Edited by Owl At Risk

1 hour ago, poite said:

Well done Dave.

Pathetic. 

1 hour ago, trev said:

It's the JJ phenomenon.

It's not though, is it. 

The idea that Dave is only trying now because his contract is up is complete gonads. The bloke has always put a shift in regardless of his form 

I note that you and the other Nuhiu haters are now using this excuse to criticise him. He's doing well, so it must be because he wants a new deal. 

Pathetic. 

• Like 1

Well done Atde, changing peoples opinions day after day, including mine. Not even a contest even with Joao on fire. Lets hope he signs a contract and doesn't wait until the summer to see who wants him on a free. (Me from 3 weeks ago would have not believed I just said that). I am fickle, I am a football fan, In Atde goal machine and Jos we trust.