Team v Fulham?

To me it is fairly straight forward for this game...

Wildsmith

Venancio

lees

Pudil (Thornily if not fit)

Hunt

Bannan

Pelupussy

Reach

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Joao

Think we can win with that team! 

Edited by Think tank
  • Like 3

Mathematically we still have something to play for what would be the odds of us getting 6th though, 16 points behind 18 to play for.:tango:

I would have set the team a top 12 finish now Fulham (h), QPR (a), Hull (a), Reading (h), Wolves (a), Norwich (h) - I would be looking for 4 wins out of these and 2 draws wins against QPR, Hull, Reading, Norwich and draws against Fulham and Wolves (who will be promoted by the time we play them). Other than Fulham most of these teams now have nothing to play for.

Keep pushing to the end of the season 

I would be happy to play either of the two teams in which have already been mentioned. With regards to showing Fulham respect, I don't think that will be an issue as we have been showing teams too much respect in first halves and then aiming to be more ruthless in the second. If we sit back and let Fulham have the ball, they will score at some point so I would argue a case for the 3-4-3 option given from the OP. 

Would like to see Thorniley play 90 regardless of Pudil's fitness. Boyd seems rather "leggy" in the last 20 minutes so wouldnt mind seeing Reach out there or on the left of a midfield 4. 

1 hour ago, Think tank said:

To me it is fairly straight forward for this game...

Wildsmith

Venancio

lees

Pudil (Thornily if not fit)

Hunt

Bannan

Pelupussy

Reach

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Joao

Think we can win with that team! 

Exact team I'd go with.

Agree with what most have said on here. Keep the winning mentality with the strongest team available. It keeps us in good stead for next season and say sod off to this one. Fortunes just have to change for next season surely. Im sure the vast majority of clubs who would have been decimated with these injuries wouldn't have faired as well as we have done. I know the season hasn't ended yet, but, I for one thought we would still be struggling to keep above the bottom 3 a few weeks back. We are now the inform team in this league. How fortunes can change with the introduction of  a new manager and a couple of key players coming back to fitness.  Long may it continue.

Dawson

Hunt

Venancio

Lees

Pudil

Reach

Pelupessy

Bannan

Jones

Joao

Nuhiu

Subs - Wildsmith, Baker, Thorniley, Kirby, Forestieri, Borukov, Preston

Getting to point where we don't need to be including players who haven't got a future here. 

6 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Dawson

Hunt

Venancio

Lees

Pudil

Reach

Pelupessy

Bannan

Jones

Joao

Nuhiu

Getting to point where we don't need to be including players who haven't got a future here. 

Yet you include Pudil whose contract expires at the end of the season, who at 32 and with van Aken and Thorniley on the books and maybe an unshiftable Fox, will surely not be getting a contract renewal? 

9 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Dawson

Hunt

Venancio

Lees

Pudil

Reach

Pelupessy

Bannan

Jones

Joao

Nuhiu

Unfortunately the likes of Abdi, Matias and Rhodes do have a future here. No chance we're offloading them in the summer.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Yet you include Pudil whose contract expires at the end of the season, who at 32 and with van Aken and Thorniley on the books and maybe an unshiftable Fox, will surely not be getting a contract renewal? 

Pudil deserves an extra year. Proven himself at this level. Bit of experience at the back. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Pudil deserves an extra year. Proven himself at this level. Bit of experience at the back. 

I can see why loads would say that, but IMO it would be a mistake. If we could offload Fox and were committed to 3 at the back, maybe he would be worth the renewal... but I think if that can't be done he should be let go. Ideally we'd keep him on, but we need to look after our finances and his wage could be used elsewhere

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

I can see why loads would say that, but IMO it would be a mistake. If we could offload Fox and were committed to 3 at the back, maybe he would be worth the renewal... but I think if that can't be done he should be let go. Ideally we'd keep him on, but we need to look after our finances and his wage could be used elsewhere

From what I saw of Van Aken earlier in the season he'd be better suited to midfield rather than defence. Jos hasn't fancied him either yet even though he's been available since the Ipswich defeat. 

Fox is awful. Thorniley still learning. Pudil is a left sided player which is always useful. Has been one of our most consistent players this season. Be a shame to see him go.

Besides Loovens is off in the summer.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

From what I saw of Van Aken earlier in the season he'd be better suited to midfield rather than defence. Jos hasn't fancied him either yet even though he's been available since the Ipswich defeat. 

Fox is awful. Thorniley still learning. Pudil is a left sided player which is always useful. Has been one of our most consistent players this season. Be a shame to see him go.

Besides Loovens is off in the summer.

I agree with you re@ Pudil - Think he's much more dependable than Van Aken at the moment. I cant agree about Van Aken in midfield, i think thats a ludicrous statement personally, but fair do's if you think that.

Pudil has been great since Jos has come in and looks at home on the left of a back 3

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

I agree with you re@ Pudil - Think he's much more dependable than Van Aken at the moment. I cant agree about Van Aken in midfield, i think thats a ludicrous statement personally, but fair do's if you think that.

Pudil has been great since Jos has come in and looks at home on the left of a back 3

It was a joking comment really pointing out how he seems to be a better passer of a ball than a defender.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1