Naah then Colin!!

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I still cannot believe that any Sheffield Wednesday fan could and would genuinely actually really have ever called for Warnock to manage our football club

But they did

Absolutely staggering

Could you imagine if he took over and we lost the first three games?

It'd be game over and we'd be manager hunting again

Talking out of your backside Neil

The mans got more promotions on his cv than any other manager in the Championship

And he would have come to Wednesday 

Look at what he’s done at Cardiff with half the money 

10 minutes ago, billyblack said:

What a well balanced argument. Your mum must be proud

1. She is proud, for many reasons.

2. If you'd bothered to read through the pages of this thread, you'd see the points I've already made.

3. Your mantra is win at all costs. Mine isn't.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

1. She is proud, for many reasons.

2. If you'd bothered to read through the pages of this thread, you'd see the points I've already made.

3. Your mantra is win at all costs. Mine isn't.

Read them all.

disagreed with them all

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Think he has a bright future IF he controls some of his off field behaviour....

Why - What has he supposed to have done?

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Where's your well balanced argument ?

It’s quite simple and I’ve discussed this a few times. Warnock is a good manager with an excellent record at this level. This season again proves that albeit not promoted yet. Sentiment and personal opinion should not cloud what is a results driven business. I like Jos and his history is pretty good. Given time he may also get us promotion. Would I have preferred Warnock? Absolutely. Cheating is a funny thing. Unless it’s blatant like drugs which I don’t have time for then it happens every day on the pitch. All clubs do it including us.

Would I take promotion this season or in 3 years? This season every time. Do Cardiff fans hate or like Warnock? They will love him this season and then hate him prior to his sacking whenever that maybe. That’s the circle.

I personally couldn’t care less what clubs he has managed in the past. For me it’s what he could do for us. Plain and simple. 

8 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, it would be the fans who'd spoil our chances of promotion.

It's strange how so many fans, in spite of what the game has become, and the money involved, still can't accept modern football for what it is.

Were Colin our manager he'd give 110% to get us up.

In fact, he'd revel in it to smarten McCabe up.

He's made a career out of shooting his mouth off, like Campo has with the England rugby team.

Players and managers are mercenaries, and the sooner some fans accept that the better it'll be for them.

I would rather put the blame at the people running the club for the appointment rather than blaming seemingly the vast majority of our fans. The pro Colin's underestimate the very deep resentment about him and just seem to think he will just swan in here be successful and all will be forgiven .The anti crew do need to sense the frustration felt by many others at the club ..desperate for promotion , and yes everyone is frustrated and desires promotion.

However I don't think it would work with toxic Colin, it would be too decisive I just can't see players thriving in that atmosphere..

• Like 1

I think some managers are a good "fit" for a club and others aren't. 

Warnock didn't work out at Leeds or Palace, but was brilliant at Rovrum and Cardiff. 

I have grudging admiration for him but the battle of but hole lane, the West Ham whinge and his many sarcastic comments about us bracket him out of serious consideration by our club.

What I would say, however, is that anyone who thinks Meggo is a dinosaur could look at what Colin has done and think again. If WBA had appointed the Ginger Messiah, they would not be in the poo poo they're in now. 

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet

45 minutes ago, billyblack said:

It’s quite simple and I’ve discussed this a few times. Warnock is a good manager with an excellent record at this level. This season again proves that albeit not promoted yet. Sentiment and personal opinion should not cloud what is a results driven business. I like Jos and his history is pretty good. Given time he may also get us promotion. Would I have preferred Warnock? Absolutely. Cheating is a funny thing. Unless it’s blatant like drugs which I don’t have time for then it happens every day on the pitch. All clubs do it including us.

Would I take promotion this season or in 3 years? This season every time. Do Cardiff fans hate or like Warnock? They will love him this season and then hate him prior to his sacking whenever that maybe. That’s the circle.

I personally couldn’t care less what clubs he has managed in the past. For me it’s what he could do for us. Plain and simple. 

Must be nice to be so easily pleased.

15 hours ago, ramone said:

Hes a winner - I'd have him here tomorrow

Best manager in this league by an absolute mile

Agree

As long as he didn't get off to a poor start and the fans turned very early, he would be the most likely to get us promotion - his record speaks for its self, and the bonus would be how much that would have wound up our red and white cousins.

1 hour ago, Southside Owl said:

I would rather put the blame at the people running the club for the appointment rather than blaming seemingly the vast majority of our fans. The pro Colin's underestimate the very deep resentment about him and just seem to think he will just swan in here be successful and all will be forgiven .The anti crew do need to sense the frustration felt by many others at the club ..desperate for promotion , and yes everyone is frustrated and desires promotion.

However I don't think it would work with toxic Colin, it would be too decisive I just can't see players thriving in that atmosphere..

I've no doubt you're right.

When Mandy wanted to bring him in, one bloke rang up RS and said that the sight of him made him feel sick.

Now Colin's no oil painting - never has been - but I thought that saying such a thing was stronging it a bit.

As for me, I'd set Captain Blade on if he'd get us up. lol

All I'm bothered about is the club getting it's thieving hands on that £150 million prize money, or however much it is.

You see, I see it for what it is.

It's all about money, and players and managers solely care about their pockets.