Naah then Colin!!

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Still not sold on him I don’t like him , his style of play , his Mardy comments , his piggy allegiance and I find him a tad strange not convinced he’s even a Yorkshireman !! but you aren’t asking my opinion are you haha 

I'm pretty sure he's a Yorkshireman as he was in the same year at Westfield school as my Mum. I can't repeat what she's said about him inthe past as it contains swear words.

If she's to be believed, he's not changed much over the past 55 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

This thread reminds me of the Owlstalk Civil War of 2013.

Many friendships died that week.

Not as bad as the civil war that would breakout in the stands if Colin wasn't successful at S6...I think it wouldn't just be banter.. It's pointless thinking about him as manager because his every mistake would be magnified, and then if he failed hes got the ultimate get out clause..I wasn't allowed to manage and/or wasn't bothered anyway ,etc.. you can just imagine the sound bites..and chapters he could write in his memoirs...yeah he has had success you can't deny that and obviously can motivate .. but I doubt he would be able to get us promoted anyway due to all the baggage and resentment spilling forth....you think the atmosphere at West Ham was toxic the other week..would you really want to risk all that here..

Edited by Southside Owl

4 minutes ago, Southside Owl said:

Not as bad as the civil war that would breakout in the stands if Colin wasn't successful at S6...I think it wouldn't just be banter.. It's pointless thinking about him as manager because his every mistake would be magnified, and then if he failed hes got the ultimate get out clause..I wasn't allowed to manage and/or wasn't bothered anyway ,etc.. you can just imagine the sound bites..and chapters he could write in his memoirs...yeah he has had success you can't deny that and obviously can motivate .. but I doubt he would be able to get us promoted anyway due to all the baggage and resentment spilling forth....you think the atmosphere at West Ham was toxic the other week..would you really want to risk all that here..

Yeah, basically just said the same thing to my mate, I wouldn't want him here for the sole reason of how much it would divide the fans. I think plenty would even refuse to go. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Owl At Risk said:

To all those spewing vitriol over him - I implore you never to take your kids to see a pantomime...your head will just f*#*ing explode when the villain comes on stage.

And for what it's worth in relation to the comment he made about us in the interview with 442 magazine he admitted some time after that he was just taking the p1ss. He got asked a silly question (something like "if you could do anything you wanted in the world for 1 day what would it be?") and he gave an equally silly answer.

Would have him as our manager in a heartbeat.

I don't think you can compare Colin with a pantomime villain. Double bluff he wasn't taking the p1ss one bit. 

11 minutes ago, Gingernuts said:

Not easy to warm to Colin, but (I hate to say it), if he’d been appointed as our Manager when Carlos was, we’d be in the Premier League now IMO. 

I’d probably agree with that. His record at this level is superb 

50 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

I don't think you can compare Colin with a pantomime villain. Double bluff he wasn't taking the p1ss one bit. 

But I did compare him to a pantomime villain, so your statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Also how do you know he wasn't triple bluffing?

1 hour ago, Southside Owl said:

Yes, it would be the fans who'd spoil our chances of promotion.

It's strange how so many fans, in spite of what the game has become, and the money involved, still can't accept modern football for what it is.

Were Colin our manager he'd give 110% to get us up.

In fact, he'd revel in it to smarten McCabe up.

He's made a career out of shooting his mouth off, like Campo has with the England rugby team.

Players and managers are mercenaries, and the sooner some fans accept that the better it'll be for them.

7 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Yeah, basically just said the same thing to my mate, I wouldn't want him here for the sole reason of how much it would divide the fans. I think plenty would even refuse to go. 

Wonder if they would hate him if he got us promoted. Surely the teams success over rides a personal dislike of someone for no reason whatsoever.

Some Owls never cease to amaze me. Reading this thread, it sounds like a good fair few of you would like Colin as our manager. That's very disappointing. I'm not going to question your intelligence but I am going to question your character.

It's not win at all costs, this life, you know. Or it shouldn't be. We're not Aussie cricketers.

I think of you SWFC Colin lovers as The Chamberlain's. We that would never see that man grace our South stand as the home manager are The Churchill's.

Unless you're trolling, then it's ok.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Some Owls never cease to amaze me. Reading this thread, it sounds like a good fair few of you would like Colin as our manager. That's very disappointing. I'm not going to question your intelligence but I am going to question your character.

It's not win at all costs, this life, you know. Or it shouldn't be. We're not Aussie cricketers.

I think of you SWFC Colin lovers as The Chamberlain's. We that would never see that man grace our South stand as the home manager are The Churchill's.

Unless you're trolling, then it's ok.

I will take any manager who can get results and be successful