Sunderland - V - Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

we played better than them from what i saw on ifollow, which for the first time was a pretty bad reception. Must be the snow in walkely, i mean sydney. 

They had a fair few chances, couple of penalty appeals that with a different ref could have been given, but overall we just looked better with the bal, moved it quicker and delivered better balls in to the box too. First half was a bit dour but id day better than Saturday's. 

That left side against decent opposition is a concern though. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

What a bloody amazing Easter it has been. Absolutely buzzing.  

Cant complain ,and i even managed to nick the grandkids cream eggs from under noses when they came round yesterday . our lass dosnt know, she would kill me. 

Good easter all round. 

• Haha 3

Just got back. We weren’t brilliant first half - started well but faded as the half went on. Second half we did more than enough to get the job done. The goals came after we greatly improved the quality of our balls into the box. Nuhiu thrived on the service he got in the second half andJoao was a real handful.

It must be said that Sunderland are absolutely woeful and really don’t take much beating. They made a bit of an effort today but they had no cohesion and no technical ability beyond McGeady. They’re going straight down. I was surprised they equalised so quickly after we scored, but they reverted to type after the second goal and their heads dropped. 

I’m a happy man tonight - three wins in a row, we’re actually beating teams down at the bottom  and it was a cracking atmosphere up in the away end in the second half. Well done to all who went, safe trips home to all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thought they (sunderland) did ok first half,we struggled for any kind of rythm and looked a off the pace,thought Joao should have played a in on goal Boyd in,but he elected to turn into 5 defenders instead on the half hour,saw Boyd have a dig at him a few minutes after at the freekick.

Second half,we upped the gears,ala PNE,there heads dropped when Lees goal went in,they looked ragged after that and the ground began to empty.

There in a rite mess,not unlike us wayback in the dark days,loads of debt and a squad thats in needs of major surgery.Tough times up there