Good luck travelling to Sunderland

A thousand years ago, when Nev and I used to hitch-hike to aways, totally potless, we decided to start the hitch to Sunderland super early for a night match, because the week before we failed miserably to get to Norwich in time.

We stood on the Parkway about 11.30 thinking it might take five or six hours. Within 5 minutes a car stopped, and seeing our scarves, said “I’m going to the match lads but working in Sunderland. I’ll take you to the door”.

We got to Sunderland around 1.30. Nowt to do, and no money to do it with. God Sunderland beach is a cold, lonely and boring place.

A heart-chilling nil-nil bore-fest followed for our pains.

Happy days.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Probably the heaviest snow so far here in UpperWinnGardens, BUT even though it’s coming down heavy, it’s already dropping off the cars.

According to the delectable Carol Kirkwood it will basically follow us all the way up there.

If we can get off our drive, then we will be setting off a full 15 mins earlier in order to cope with this and i expect there to be bugger all left by the time we get home. 

50 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Probably the heaviest snow so far here in UpperWinnGardens, BUT even though it’s coming down heavy, it’s already dropping off the cars.

According to the delectable Carol Kirkwood it will basically follow us all the way up there.

If we can get off our drive, then we will be setting off a full 15 mins earlier in order to cope with this and i expect there to be bugger all left by the time we get home. 

We're half way up Upper Winn Gardens, and although everywhere is covered this isn't the worst we've had it this year.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

It was at 7:30

been melting eve since then even though it was snowing.

Rain now

I got up at 8 to take the dogs out, but had to cancel going out with them because it was still snowing, I sent the wife out with them instead

It's stopped now, I think it will all be gone by tomorrow

• Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, cazzaswfc said:

No buses for me already, flipping hills,  journey will start with a 25 minute walk to a tram stop.

Well Caz, if it takes you 25 minutes to walk from your house to the tram stop it;s time you signed

up for keep fit lessons.lol

Edited by oldtawnyowl

2 hours ago, Owl At Risk said:

Sick to the back teeth of this chuffing snow business now.

Had about 3" so far here and it's coming down hard. M1/A1/A19 hopefully be ok, and it's forecast to turn to rain through the morning.

Safe journey everyone. UTO.

3" and hard fnarr fnarr 

Finbarr-Saunders-006.jpg

2 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

You'd think by now sky would have a self cleaning dish. 

Bąstards lol

Or supply their customers with a little slave that you could get out the shed in winter lol

Edited by Justbeanz
  • Haha 2