Will he ever learn

2 hours ago, mogbad said:

I agree the 1st minute tackle was ridiculous & he deserved to be booked.

Can't agree with the second point though. I didn't think it was a stupid tackle at all.  By Hutch's standards it was pretty tame.

The booking was right in front of me, but it was so late I missed the challenge completely as I had followed the ball so probably a fair enough booking even if it was the first minute!

The injury it just looked like he had slipped trying to turn and chase and went over on his ankle.

8 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Hutch is a  great cb and less injured and less bookings

Next season him and lees at cb

Would try van aken at lb in preseason to see if it would work 

Is he that great ? Really? 

I domt see see the point in him . Crock who needlessly dives in. He’s no better at cb than pudil , In fact he’s not as good. 

Agree re van Aken , I think that position is made for him 

9 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Hutch is a  great cb and less injured and less bookings

Next season him and lees at cb

Would try van aken at lb in preseason to see if it would work 

Van Aken was woeful at LB for the U23s recently. Personally to accommodate Hutchinson and Van Aken (not that the club has to) then a back three is the only suitable option. Lees on the right marking and Van Aken on the left where he should be more comfortably and less exposed in a three. Hutchinson as the ball playing CB as he has a decent range of passing and good positional sense.

10 hours ago, lukestheman82 said:

He's 28 or around that age, had he not had his playing style and aggression he probably wouldnt be a pro footballer.

Had he tweaked his playing style, maybe he would have never got career ending injuries.

He has ended up here instead of leading Chelsea out every week because of those traits.

Embrace him for what he is, faults and all.

Do you really believe what you just wrote?

Because if that were true,(and I very much doubt it), then more fool him.

Lunging in to tackles has to stop, not only for his, but our benefit as well, keep the aggressive side to his game by all means, just use it more sensibly.

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

Is he that great ? Really? 

I domt see see the point in him . Crock who needlessly dives in. He’s no better at cb than pudil , In fact he’s not as good. 

Agree re van Aken , I think that position is made for him 

So far wide of the mark it's untrue. He is a better centre half than Tom lees, picks up far less bookings st centre half and before his injuries was considered at Chelsea as the heir apparent to John terry. 

We are better with Hutch in the side no question.

However if he is going to spend 3/4 of the season on the treatment table as a result it makes him an expensive luxury.

If , as yesterday, he he gets an early booking he is one mis timed tackle away from a red.

As others have said for the benefit of Sam and the team it's better to stick him at the back.

He doesn't have the self control to be further up.

Edited by Rhubarb n Custard

18 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

Centre half is the key. It forces him to be a more disciplined player and therefore a better player.

Agree with this. He doesn’t make the rash challenges when playing centre half. Whenever I’ve seen him play centre half (always 442) he looks like a Rolls Royce of a player, like it’s too easy for him.

I’d have thought he’d be perfect for being part of a back 3.

18 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

So far wide of the mark it's untrue. He is a better centre half than Tom lees, picks up far less bookings st centre half and before his injuries was considered at Chelsea as the heir apparent to John terry. 

And Freddy adu was considered the next big star. Means nowt . 

Tom lees is our best centre half by a mile , followed by pudil . 

Now agaimst hutchinson, seems a top lad but he’s finished 

Cant defend the first tackle but Hutch was everywhere for 20 mins. Made several key interceptions while i don't think Pelupessy touched the ball and was chasing shadows. He plays at 110% and on the edge. Exactly how I want him too.

Edited by Semedo's ferret

48 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Do you really believe what you just wrote?

Because if that were true,(and I very much doubt it), then more fool him.

Lunging in to tackles has to stop, not only for his, but our benefit as well, keep the aggressive side to his game by all means, just use it more sensibly.

It's a fact that he was considered as a potential Chelsea captain before his injuries.

33 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

It's a fact that he was considered as a potential Chelsea captain before his injuries.

Err, think you will find that was said whilst coming through Chelsea academy, one for the future, and all that, its exactly the sort of stuff people espouse with no real facts,

(George Hurst)

in all he made 6 first team appearances for The Blues in 7 years, that is not potential Captaincy in any ones book.