Much better from Pelupessy

I've not been impressed with him since his arrival, but that second half performance was more like the type I was lead to expect from him.

I hope he's finally getting to grips with the pace of the league and that he can push on from here.

The defensive side of his game has improved in the short time hes been here which is a plus. Although not the most physical he often gets a foot in and nicks the ball away.

The worry for me is on the ball, he seems to take too long, he needs to work on passing quicker and sharper too many loose bobbly passes.

As someone else said he improved when hutch went off theres no need for them both to start particulary in home games, to me hes basically the replacement for semedo good back up for hutch but needs time to improve before hes ready to be starting every week for a team aiming for promotion.

Pelupessy will turn out to be a cracking signing for us imo. 

Played very well today.  

I think he is still adjusting to the league, and fair play to him, he was thrown into the deep end.  

Much more to come from Pessy.

27 minutes ago, cowl said:

I've not been impressed with him since his arrival, but that second half performance was more like the type I was lead to expect from him.

I hope he's finally getting to grips with the pace of the league and that he can push on from here.

First half didnt even notice him .but 2nd put himself about broke play up well starting to look a decent player

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

Really? Just goes to show what I know :biggrin:

To be fair I've just realised that's per appearance rather than per 90 minutes

If you take it as a per 90 minutes stat (which let's be reyt, is fairer), it goes down to just over 3x more. Still kinda the same point though :biggrin:

Edited by StudentOwl

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

May well be just me but I prefer Jones in that role - think he reads game better.

I think Jones has been a bit unlucky under Jos so far.

He actually had a few excellent games in the first few weeks under Jos only for Pelupessy to immediately take his place.

Having said that, I've been mostly unimpressed with Jones before this and don't entirely mind if Jos is thinking towards next season with giving Pelupessy the games now in order to get up to speed for next season.

Well, that would be the theory anyway, and as such it relates to a plan that has been far from convincing so far - although, like I say, I do think his 2nd half performance was much better, so perhaps he'll kick on from here.

• Like 1

Goes about things quietly, looks uncomfortable on the ball as well but hopefully he'll keep improving as he goes along. Still gets some important challenges in, but if we have our team fully fit Joey isn't anywhere near the starting 11 at the moment in time. 

46 minutes ago, cowl said:

Games give confidence and fitness, good players around him, he can't lose