Team v The Mackems

18 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I honestly could not understand the first half set up today, I did not know what was expected of nuhiu for a start, long balls up to his head, no-one running off and the ball simply given backto PNE.

I did not know where Reach was playing, he simply ran from side to side.

I honestly think neither Nuhiu nor Reach knew what their roles were either.

Second half, totally different with Lucas on, PNE got taken apart for 10 minutes and looked totally woeful at the back, I honestly thought we might get 4 or 5 in the first 20 minutes...

Then we stopped, then we started again...

Surely an attacking side should trot out at Sunderland

I think the reasoning was Reach was supposed to be the guy making runs for Nuhiu, but it didn't work.   Reach was too deep and lacking focus as were a couple.

In a little bit of a weird sense, I think Reach lost his perspective because Bannan was doing what Bannan does and well, not being too focused on any single role and trying to do it all.   

Bannan and Reach both need to be taught what their roles are and stick to it if they are to work alongside each other.    If they remain midfield partners this will come with time I suppose.

Although I want to finish the season strongly I also think we should protect our injured players so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of changes tomorrow, with FF,

Bannan etc. Making appearances from the bench 

Dawson 

Palmer

Thorniley

Vennancio 

Van aken

Reach

Jones

Butterfield

Abdi

Joao

Rhodes

Edited by Southie_Owl

Wildsmith

Venancio

Lees

Pudil

Hunt

Pelupessy

Bannan

Fox

Reach

Nuhiu

Joao

Assuming they all came out of the Preston game without any knocks, this is the side I'd opt for. Keep FF on the bench, don't want to push him too soon. 

56 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Although I want to finish the season strongly I also think we should protect our injured players so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of changes tomorrow, with FF,

Dawson 

Palmer

Thorniley

Vennancio 

Van aken

Reach

Jones

Butterfield

Abdi

Joao

Rhodes

If that is the side tomorrow we will lose

It would make sense not to start the players who have just come back after injury especially if they came off with knocks on Friday. So I’d be tempted to leave out:

Hutch

Bannan

Hunt

i would also be a bit concerned starting Lees and also Pudil if he was limping towards the end of he game on Friday.

3 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

You make a very valid point. 

There’s no sense risking a relapse or fresh injury to players who’s fitness is vital for a promotion campaign from August. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Dawson 

Palmer

Thorniley

Vennancio 

Van aken

Reach

Jones

Butterfield

Abdi

Joao

Rhodes

Yes I'm with you and I expect that Jos will look to protect returning injured players.

I predict some dummies being spat out on here when the team is announced. I suspect that Lees will start though.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

I would rest Hutch and Hunt. Bring Bannan off the bench if required and give Fernando the last half hour regardless.

Wildsmith

Palmer - Venancio - Lees - Van Aken - Boyd

Joey - Jones - Reach

Nuhiu - Joao

4 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Dawson 

Palmer

Thorniley

Vennancio 

Van aken

Reach

Jones

Butterfield

Abdi

Joao

Rhodes

if he plays that line up I am going to flounce out.  

Not going all the way op to practically Scotland to watch that 11.

Besides playing Jones and Butterfield together is only going to get us investigated for a potential Thai betting scandal...

They have just had a two week break, the gap between the games is a normal Saturday/Tuesday so unless players are carrying a knock they should be ok to play. 

No need to rest usual team players.

Hunt , Hutch looked injured .

Bannan was cramp so not injured but fear we will see Jones and Butterfield 

Only other doubt could be Pudil

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

You make a very valid point. 

There’s no sense risking a relapse or fresh injury to players who’s fitness is vital for a promotion campaign from August. 

2 hours ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Yes I'm with you and I expect that Jos will look to protect returning injured players.

I predict some dummies being spat out on here when the team is announced. I suspect that Lees will start though.

Yes people may be angry tomorrow if that’s the line up, but they will be more angry if our better players pick up fresh injuries due to fatigue/lack of fitness.

Lets hope Jos is managing the players returns to action better than his predecessor