Morgan Fox

On 31/03/2018 at 04:01, Tapeworm said:

The stick is completely justified. Thought he was pretty poor again. Although I must admit I enjoyed it when he maradonna’d their full back towards the end.

Reach is made for wing back.

Why are people desperate for the worst tackler in the team to be a wing back. 

Just don’t get it :wacko:

He did well yesterday, he isn't in our future though, at least he shouldn't be. 

Squad player, harshly treated and to be fair he must have some reasonable mental strength because he's been through the wringer this season.

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

He did well yesterday, he isn't in our future though, at least he shouldn't be. 

Squad player, harshly treated and to be fair he must have some reasonable mental strength because he's been through the wringer this season.

Do you really think so ?

I beg to differ, was constantly caught out of position and didnt read a lot of the balls, never seen him really beat a man and his delivery was poor again.

We need two full backs simple as that ...priority for me.

Edited by TaxiMark

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Do you really think so ?

I beg to differ, was constantly cought out of position and didnt read a lot of the balls, never seen him really beat a man and his delivery was poor again.

We need two full backs simple as that ...priority for me.

I didn't apply any context.....so I will now, he did well for him!! I don't disagree, 1st choice fullbacks are the number one priority, in the modern game it's arguably one of the most important positions and we've been ineffectual offensively and defensively with ours baring the odd good game from our current choices.

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I didn't apply any context.....so I will now, he did well for him!! I don't disagree, 1st choice fullbacks are the number one priority, in the modern game it's arguably one of the most important positions and we've been ineffectual offensively and defensively with ours baring the odd good game from our current choices.

Still cannot get my head around the fact we have needed two decent full backs for over 2 years now and we still have fox and palmer playing games.

3 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Why are people desperate for the worst tackler in the team to be a wing back. 

Just don’t get it :wacko:

Just my opinion. In this system the wing backs see so much of the ball and Fox is extremely limited with it - he’s not the best defender in the world either.

Depends how Jos sets us up though, if it’s going to be negative then play Fox but if we want to go out and attack teams then it really should be Reach.

On 30/03/2018 at 18:36, asteener1867 said:

He just looks to me like he wants to get rid of the ball as soon as possible, A confidence thing?    maybe

He can only be a centre back because he cannot ‘play’ ,ball comes to him =end of move. Dunno why he’s anywhere near the team when we have other options 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Not the best so far it has to be said but I actually thought there were signs of improvement on Friday.

he's the best left back we have .reach cant defend , pudil  hasn't the legs to play the wing back role , boyd aint a full back and penney cant get a game in league 2 so probably isn't the answer, thorniley played some games at left back for Accrington but hasn't had a look in here in that position  . ........if as we think that money is going to be tight this summer then unless we can get someone better on a free or maybe a loan it's probable that he'll be getting plenty of game time next season. 

On 30/03/2018 at 18:38, agentwalker said:

Still not good enough for me to play that role.

There's no killer ball in him. You can see it in his face when he's attacking with the ball he's thinking too much about what he's doing, then by the time he's worked it out the opportunitys gone.

Yeah, I noticed when he did get forward once and Pudil had bust a gut on the outside and was begging for a simple pass so he could cross it in as there was nobody near but he ignored him and passed to Hutch who had a ‘shot’. He was very error prone in the first half too, sometimes when not even under any pressure. 

I feel a bit bit sorry for him. He gets a lot of negativity aimed his way but it’s not his fault we bought him!  It’s pretty obvious Jos isn’t a fan either, or we wouldn’t have tried to sign that left back around the Pelupessy purchase. He won’t be here next season and I’d wish him well when he gets offloaded. He always tries hard, he’s just simply not a Championship player, in my humble opinion. 

On 31/03/2018 at 02:31, legendaryswan said:

More solid than Boyd,more energy than Boyd,more tenacity than Boyd,yep Id keep him there

Can't compare him with a player who plays in a different position... Boyd is not a wing back; and regrettedly Fox doesn't hold up well on that front either...

As before, for a promotion push campaign we need 2 new reliable wing backs.