Oh Forestieri

8 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

People don’t realise how good he actually was for us in 15/16

top 5 player in this league when he’s on it in my Opinion , 

At the end of that season there was a poll of the best players in the division and if I am not mistaken I think it was managers who voted.

He finished 3rd.

52 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

Some cretins still have to post a neg about him, he’s the best player we had here in years! Isn’t it obvious!!

What do they want to achieve? Wish they’d go and support the pigs...

UTO as the optimism returns!

I think FF is a very good player.

But sorry think he crossed the line at Norwich. Not a minor indiscretion either.

Think it was shameful the club gave him a wage rise a short time later.

Not sorry to say I will be glad when he moves on.

51 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

But sorry think he crossed the line at Norwich. Not a minor indiscretion either.

jeez mate, let it go

25 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not lost any sleep over it but still sticks in my throat someone on a reported £20k per week could refuse to play as wanted more money. A disgrace!!!!!!

Voted as 3rd best player in the league by managers, top scorer for us and clearly best player. Some players in this league on £65,000 or more pw. Some of our own players on £35,000 pw.

You'd have been asking for a wage rise in his position as well..  

1 hour ago, robswfc said:

Voted as 3rd best player in the league by managers, top scorer for us and clearly best player. Some players in this league on £65,000 or more pw. Some of our own players on £35,000 pw.

Yes but downing tools is not on whoever you are. Yes he is one of the best players in the league, but he did hold the club to ransom. How many on here over the years have said no one player is bigger than the club. There is line you never cross. 

1 hour ago, robswfc said:

I dont mind a player and his agent pushing a club for a better contract but throwing a strop and refusing to play is crossing a line.

Remember as well he refused to play week before v Villa so wasnt a spur of the moment decision.

Didnt he also come to training on a push bike to protest about the club not buying him a top of the range car? 

18 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont mind a player and his agent pushing a club for a better contract but throwing a strop and refusing to play is crossing a line.

Remember as well he refused to play week before v Villa so wasnt a spur of the moment decision.

Didnt he also come to training on a push bike to protest about the club not buying him a top of the range car? 

I don’t know how you get through the rest of life if you can’t forgive and forget.

Just how often do you think a player of his talent comes along? Take him out of our team and what have we been watching....worst crap in donkeys years, slow unimaginative, nervous, no flair. It’s what I personally pay to see, something to get a bit excited about at the weekend.

Yes he was poorly advised, yes his actions are Latin and sometimes too much for some, but as our best player seeing signings coming in on vastly more cash than him, (in the context of a short career of a footballer) he did something rash and unpopular, and tbh it worked. Now move on.

Wednesday fans have always bashed the flair players to a degree, apart from Waddle, something that always disappointed  me about our fans. They will drive him out of the club. Him and Hutch for me and my clan are what Wednesday are about, not the rubbish we’ve seen this season. Welcome a back Fernando!

UTO

12 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yeah I hate watching unbelievably talented skilful players who entertain and can score a goal out of nowhere and who  occasionally win games single handed..

But... Norwich (or something)

Best player we have had year since Carbone.

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

...and he made a full and genuine apology admitting he made a mistake and that if he could turn back the clock, he would have. Have you ever made any mistakes in your life?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/10538909/sheffield-wednesdays-fernando-forestieri-issues-full-apology

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

...and he made a full and genuine apology admitting he made a mistake and that if he could turn back the clock, he would have. Have you ever made any mistakes in your life?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/10538909/sheffield-wednesdays-fernando-forestieri-issues-full-apology

Made plenty of mistakes in life but never got a pay rise for any of them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

Funny old game innit..now we are havin a mare of a season all the 'shud av sold him after norwich' brigade..the 'he's a bad apple' merchants are nowhere to be seen :carlosswfc:

My opinion of nando as a person won't change, reminds me of Carbone, he's a self important and self absorbed little swine with an ego way bigger than his own size and stature. 

That said though,  he's a fantastic player at championship level and fit and firing there's few better in the division, so to have him back is a big plus, to have him back fit, firing and wanting to play for us is a massive plus. As I said I don't fault his ability, just his character. Is that better bud??? lol

Edited by shezzas left peg

6 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

My opinion of nando as a person won't change, reminds me of Carbone, he's a self important and self absorbed little swine with an ego way bigger than his own size and stature. 

That said though,  he's a fantastic player at championship level and fit and firing there's few better in the division, so to have him back is a big plus, to have him back fit, firing and wanting to play for us is a massive plus. As I said I don't fault his ability, just his character. Is that better bud??? lol

May I say then that you clearly haven’t a clue what he is really like and obviously have never met him. He is absolutely nothing like the person you are attempting to describe. 

2 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

May I say then that you clearly haven’t a clue what he is really like and obviously have never met him. He is absolutely nothing like the person you are attempting to describe. 

Well if maybe I could like you have the privalage to spend enough time to make a fully informed judgement from personal experience, then my attitude would change, but not having ability I can only go on evidence (some maybe conjecture or speculation) be it right or wrong that I've learned from others or what has been quoted in the media. Such as going on strike because he wanted more money or refusing to play in a position that suits his attributes where he's very successful lm/lw  because he wanted to play up front, which on both counts makes him sound very self centred and not a team player who wants to do well for the team above personal gain. As I said if your well versed and spent plenty of time with him then you know more than me, but with my limited contact my outlook is different.