Jump to content
@owlstalk

Sheffield Wednesday vs Preston is going to be a big crowd

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

It was £24 mate. 

And your point is ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, alanharper said:

 

So we took 500 more fans for a dead rubber at £39 than they are for a crucial game at £33. 

 

I'll admit I didn't go to Leeds because of the price but if we were away at Preston going for the playoffs and it was £33 we'd still take 6k. 

So you didn't go to Leeds cus of the ticket price??...surely the price of travel negates the ticket price and actually makes it one of the cheaper away days..and I had a great view n all..b4 anybody rolls that chestnut out garymegson

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

And your point is ?

Well your saying prices were similar...

About £33 and £20 for concessions is not similar to £24 and £8 concessions. (Or whatever it was) 

Edited by lancashireowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alanharper said:

 

Just looked on their website to see what they're being charged. £33, with concessions ranging from £5 to £23. Going for promotion and blaming a £33 ticket for not selling out a 1600 allocation less than 2 hours away.  Tinpot fans. 

 

They took 3k to pigs at FA cup discount prices,  not played there in the league yet. 

Well Preston are small fry ,  so can’t expect big numbers turning up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

So you didn't go to Leeds cus of the ticket price??...surely the price of travel negates the ticket price and actually makes it one of the cheaper away days..and I had a great view n all..b4 anybody rolls that chestnut out garymegson

It was a very good day out, quickly forgot the £39 price. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lichfield alien said:

They do in cup

Segregation won’t quite be the same as when we turn up either . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lancashireowl said:

They had 2,700 at Sunderland or something as well the other week but

not defending them it is a pretty poor effort. They should be getting 2k min. 

 

However, we only took 2k to Leeds down the road. We are a much bigger club than Preston and Sheffield is a much bigger city.

 

It seems most fans use prices as an excuse. 

Two excuses , one we are chronic and 2 fans bit scared ,  no ticket prices I mean of course !!! 

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

Well your saying prices were similar...

About £33 and £20 for concessions is not similar to £24 and £8 concessions. (Or whatever it was) 

27 quid I paid so let's not fall out over a fiver ...

And another thing let's put this in perspective it's good training for the lazy glory hunting nobbers at Deepdale Library.

Because if they do get promoted they better get used to the high prices then 

Hadn't they MATE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

It was a very good day out, quickly forgot the £39 price. 

Exactamondo..spend that much on an away day it's ridiculous to worry about wether the ticket is 28 splodge or 39 splodge..obviously I prefer the cheaper tickets but il be damned if the price of a ticket is ever the deciding factor..:picnic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

Preston shud be bringing 4K minimum

PNE  average 14k so 4k is around 30% of there total support , I doubt we have took 30% of ours for many a year so what makes you think they should . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

PNE  average 14k so 4k is around 30% of there total support , I doubt we have took 30% of ours for many a year so what makes you think they should . 

Rubbish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

PNE  average 14k so 4k is around 30% of there total support , I doubt we have took 30% of ours for many a year so what makes you think they should . 

I don't doubt your usual exemplary accurate facts Torry but average of 14k

At Deepdale this season ? If you take away support off that it's nowt...

All aside I think the last time they filled that place was when they played Arsenal in the cup back in 1999 !!!

Don't even think they filled it when they played Arsenal in the cup last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Rubbish

when have we took 30% of our support to an away league game in recent years ?........year on year we average away from home around 10-12% of our home average , as I suspect preston do . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

when have we took 30% of our support to an away league game in recent years ?........year on year we average away from home around 10-12% of our home average , as I suspect preston do . 

20th Feb 2016, please excuse the poor quality photo 

20180329_210839.jpg

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

when have we took 30% of our support to an away league game in recent years ?........year on year we average away from home around 10-12% of our home average , as I suspect preston do . 

So how many would we have sold for deepdale without a 5k limit? Been to Barnsley loads of times with 7k..how many could we have shifted for Sunderland on Monday? How many for hull?..you are talkin gonads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

One of the worst opening day fixtures in our history..big following..loads of ale..easy to get too..and it was an utterly shamefull performance..cc shud av been outed within 10 mins of the final whistle imo 

 

Or .... we wasnt great but we didnt realise Preston were gonna be quite good this season so everyone went into absolute meltdown cos we lost by the odd goal to a late dodgy penalty. 

 

im playing devils advocate there, we was cwap. but the vitriol spouted afterwards was ridiculous and set the tone.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I don't doubt your usual exemplary accurate facts Torry but average of 14k

At Deepdale this season ? If you take away support off that it's nowt...

All aside I think the last time they filled that place was when they played Arsenal in the cup back in 1999 !!!

Don't even think they filled it when they played Arsenal in the cup last year?

13,631 so far this season how many of them are away support I know not .......but what ever if they bring  1200-1500 tomorrow that's a pretty decent turn out percentage wise  

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Will I be allowed into the ground carrying a crutch?

Great support hootie.

 

WTF!?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GY-owl.4 said:

 

Or .... we wasnt great but we didnt realise Preston were gonna be quite good this season so everyone went into absolute meltdown cos we lost by the odd goal to a late dodgy penalty. 

 

im playing devils advocate there, we was cwap. but the vitriol spouted afterwards was ridiculous and set the tone.

Give over it was shocking..just after the rangers debacle..the writing was on the wall and the only who couldn't see it wer those who can't read

  • Agree 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...