Jump to content
@owlstalk

Best Sheffield Wednesday Tattoo competition

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Had a new one on my back recently...

 

 

445A318D-EE7E-4905-960F-A5980C57813F.jpeg

I hope not. 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Watto said:

Mine , done a few month ago 

IMG_20190703_213609.jpg

 

 

Rose is wrong - should be double heraldic, not single. If single it should be sepal up, petal down.

 

And yes, it's wrong on our latest crest. Which is why you should always check if you're going to go all clever arse historical.

Edited by Manwithastick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should look like this...

 

yorkshireflag329.jpg

 

As you can see, that's a double rose. If you (or sadly, SWFC) choose to bastardise it and only use a single rose then as you can see, the 'inner' rose above 

 

has the sepal at 12 o'clock and a petal at 6 o'clock. Yours (and SWFC's) is the other way around. Which would be fine for East Riding but Sheffield is in West Riding. 

 

Basically, stop using the (wrong) single rose. 

 

And those using the single rose can't claim to be using the outer rose only if they choose (as you and SWFC have) to have a centre, since that 

 

centre is in the inner rose.  

Edited by Manwithastick
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got Owls tattooed on my arse.. Saved a bit of money too as I didn’t have to get the O done.. I’ll spare you the photo.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manwithastick said:

It should look like this...

 

yorkshireflag329.jpg

 

As you can see, that's a double rose. If you (or sadly, SWFC) choose to bastardise it and only use a single rose then as you can see, the 'inner' rose above 

 

has the sepal at 12 o'clock and a petal at 6 o'clock. Yours (and SWFC's) is the other way around. Which would be fine for East Riding but Sheffield is in West Riding. 

 

Basically, stop using the (wrong) single rose. 

 

And those using the single rose can't claim to be using the outer rose only if they choose (as you and SWFC have) to have a centre, since that 

 

centre is in the inner rose.  

 

So basically, as it's a SWFC tattoo, it's correct. It's SWFC that's wrong to have used to rose in this fashion (probably some graphic designer without your knowledge), but the posters tattoo is accurate as to what it depicts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have SWFC on the shaft of my chap, couldn’t fit the full name of the club 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Had a new one on my back recently...

 

 

445A318D-EE7E-4905-960F-A5980C57813F.jpeg

That is uncanny....

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

I have SWFC on the shaft of my chap, couldn’t fit the full name of the club 

Lucky bugger, could only get the s & w on mine :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloody awful are football tattoos, just scream out universal credit and holidays in Skegness. Get something proper done.

Edited by Not Jon Newsome
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spencerowl said:

I have SWFC on the shaft of my chap, couldn’t fit the full name of the club 

You just had SW then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/05/2018 at 04:36, snazzysazzy said:

Here's mine, sorry about the angle of the photo, the tattoo is on my ribs so hard to take a pic of! It had also just been finished too about an hour before taking this! 

Tattoo.jpg

I quite like this

 

It's minimalist design makes it look quite classy

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

I have SWFC on the shaft of my chap, couldn’t fit the full name of the club 

 

I'm a horse so it says 'Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, Pensitone Road, Sheffield S6 1SW, only 136 miles away from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch' on mine.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Manwithastick said:

 

 

Rose is wrong - should be double heraldic, not single. If single it should be sepal up, petal down.

 

And yes, it's wrong on our latest crest. Which is why you should always check if you're going to go all clever arse historical.

You've got to love a nerdlol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

I have SWFC on the shaft of my chap, couldn’t fit the full name of the club 

I can actually confirm this as authentic....

Spennybobs also has many more tattoos ..

He has ..

"ENTRANCE ONLY" on one butt cheek 

& "EXIT ONLY VIA PENÌSTONE ROAD NO

EXIT VIA LEPPINGS LANE" on the other cheek ...

 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Lucky bugger, could only get the s & w on mine :blush:

Fag butt in a bird’s nest? Try trimming down for that pornstar look

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Fag butt in a bird’s nest? Try trimming down for that pornstar look

 

Or go for the plucked chicken look lol 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I quite like this

 

It's minimalist design makes it look quite classy

 

I think it needs a nipple in shot as to assess its true positioning on one's body.

 

I thought it was your knee.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you must have something football related why not get a proper tattooist to do you something like this, rather than having the SWFC tramp stamps.

 

Image result for owls tattooImage result for owls tattoo

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...