#SWFC to feature in feature documentary

Some of you will know about this, so I won't say too much other than to say please do visit this kickstarter page and watch the video.

As part of the campaign we are doing an exclusively produced book (£10) of Ambrose Langley's autobiography, who was part of Wednesday's first FA Cup and League Championship winning team. It won't be available to buy from anyone else. We are also selling off the remains colourised prints from the first match at Hillsborough, which were very popular last year.

If after watching the video you would like to support us then that would be brilliant. Even pledges of £1 will help boost our kickstarter performance and move us up the rankings. Increasing our chances of getting larger pledges. We have already received some amazing donations from Wednesday fans and The Wednesdayites Supporters group. 

If you have a business then there are some offers on here where your logo can be included at the start or end of the film, which will be broadcast around the world.

Rest assured Wednesday will be a main feature of this film and we have a highly talented team ready to start filming in July this year. 

If you can't pledge then please do whatever you can to spread the word about this to all who may be interested.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Wonderful print that Clive, missus got me it framed for valentines day. Looks stunning. The Ambrose book sounds good, as I've already got the print I'll purchase one of those. 

Hope the fundraiser comes to fruition. 

Doesn't the SAMPLE in bright red get on your nerves tho?

WTF!?

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Wonderful print that Clive, missus got me it framed for valentines day. Looks stunning. The Ambrose book sounds good, as I've already got the print I'll purchase one of those. 

Hope the fundraiser comes to fruition. 

Great. Thanks for the support. We did very well yesterday. Hopefully another good day today.

10 hours ago, clive.nicholson said:

Last copies can be purchased to help support our kickstarter. They are A3 in size and £10 plus postage.

Taken before kick-off of the first match at Hillsborough.

sheff-wed-2.jpg

So, did the goalkeepers play in the same strip as the rest of the team in those days.

I'm presuming the goalie is the chap wearing the cap.lol

Edited by oldtawnyowl

57 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Daft question.

I've never seen that picture before, is it authentic or is it a mock up (a bit like the dream scene)?

It's the real photograph of the Wednesday team before the first match at Hillsborough 1899. The colours were added recently to produce an art print. A lot of people really like them and at £10 is a bargain really.

1 minute ago, clive.nicholson said:

It's the real photograph of the Wednesday team before the first match at Hillsborough 1899. The colours were added recently to produce an art print. A lot of people really like them and at £10 is a bargain really.

Definitely, I'll have one please

9 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

So, did the goalkeepers play in the same strip as the rest of the team in those days.

I'm presuming the goalie is the chap wearing the cap.lol

Yes. Jimmy Massey. His grandson was at our event a couple of years back to celebrate 125 year anniversary of the FA Cup being brought back to Yorkshire for the first time. (I've been pulled up on using the phrase 'Bringing it back for the first time' before. I still use it because I think it's right as teams went to London and brought the cup back with them.

1 hour ago, zico.b said:

Lofty though!!!

Could you not have attracted Michael Vaughan or at least somebody a little less, well, Goonerish?!!! It's a story about a Lincolnshire lad and a Wednesday legend, not The Nomads from Woolwich.

Joking aside, good luck with the fundraising, I'll have a look at the stuff.

Michael Vaughan has not replied to any of our attempted contact throughout the project.

I'd agree that there may be others who could have done it, but Tom was great and had the skills to do a good job of it. There is always a balance to be had when getting something like this together. Also, to make the project a success it has to have a broader appeal than just a region. But I appreciate your comments were made light heartedly and we really appreciate your support. If there is nothing that appeals to you on there, then any suggestions are welcome, although I can't make promises.

4 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Looks excellent in a good frame with border, sorry, haven't taken the wrapping off yet. 

_20180328_100732.JPG

Looks brilliant. Glad to see that it's getting the frame it deserves.

I'm a big fan of the dream scene, but this is a cheaper alternative for those who like the history and not just the players they remember watching.

• Like 1