the day we looked like dingles.

i was listening to some dingles having a pop at a bellend road boy the other day at work, now when it's half a dozen onto one (and lets be fair l**ds have been kind to us in recent seasons) i like to help out a tad.

so they switch their attack upon me (though their a lil' less feisty than they used to be, as the light at the end of the tunnel gets bigger and they can see it's attached to an express train).

so we get to reminiscing, and i took them back to (i feel sure it was the opening game of the season) jokewell in 79. we we're on that open kop, the one that was made from coal mine waste, dirt and it was dust galore, except this was a hot august day (yes we had hot, sunny days in august then), sort of a free suntan included.

to cut the story short, we had a few new players under big jack, and good ones too, and we wiped the floor with them 0-3.

now you'd think that was fine, except every time we scored and we were jumping up and down (thank god it was pre bounce days) and we  were kicking up clouds of dust, by the end of the game we looked just as 'acky' as the dingles had when they turned up at the start of the afternoon.

when we got outside you could hardly tell us apart, except the wednesday fans didn't have clothes made fashionable by fred flintstone, or the clampetts.

• Haha 1