West Stand Leppings Lane end over the years...

Spent my first years on the Lepp in the corner where the scoreboard is now. Mid 60s moved to behind the goal when chanting and singing started to be a thing at matches.

Happy memories of great players, good football and none of the hysteria and overblown expectation that’s now ruined the game

31 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

I used to go in Leop where scoreboard is now.. We used to get free tickets from our teacher on Saturday morning after playing for school football team.. always remember Colin Dobson taking corners, one of my earliest memories

Yes remember that well.. No Potteresque corners in those days. Dobson, Finney and Wilkinson all knew how to take a decent corner. We actually used to score from the perfectly placed cross onto somebody’s head in those days. 

Blimey we often used to expect to score from a corner. How times change.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Sadly,It now remembered for all the wrong reasons and the sooner it's demolished and a new structure built the better. :sad:

As long as they re paint PRESTO  on the new stands roof. Its been there so long its part of our history. 

2 hours ago, Ibbo48 said:

Yes remember that well.. No Potteresque corners in those days. Dobson, Finney and Wilkinson all knew how to take a decent corner. We actually used to score from the perfectly placed cross onto somebody’s head in those days. 

Only one man can bring back scoring from every corner!

garymegson

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It couldn't have been.. I didn't go at home til 74.

I could be wrong.

WTF!?

Incidentally... just talking to one lad I thought I was with on Facebook...he seems to think we walked across in front of the south..but.. like me.. can't remember the game.

WTF!?

19 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Although I agree it’s time it was redeveloped I’d be annoyed if it were done before we get promoted.

We should keep the money we have to strengthen the team.

Apparently FFP is the problem not the owners access to dosh, and ground improvements have no bearing on FFP.

6 hours ago, Ibbo48 said:

ooh it's a corner

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm sure I made my way once from the kop to the lep during one game...hazy about how tho...

I could be wrong tho..

WTF!?

I did the same mate. Seem to remember v qpr when we beat them 7-1 I think. Mid eighties I think