Sam Hutchinson "Other stuff has gone on"

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

listened to tom lees earlier on RS he seemed to confirm what Hutchinson said, that the previous regime chucked players back in asap -whereas now it's a more cautious approach .so that's 2 players have said the same thing.

I suppose  it's debateable whether it is a failure of CC's managerial ethos  or was he under pressure from above or perhaps more likely both 

Rightly or not, Carlos was probably only thinking short term. 

He took risks based on going for promotion asap. That was his brief, we went very close. Probably overachieving in the process.

We've seen the results without our best players. We're mid table, at best, without them.

6 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Hutch is inferring - and others in know are suggesting - that however nice Chansiri is, he influences team selection and buys  wrong players.

And some good uns too - Fessi, Winnall, Hoops, etc.

But happy to hear other reasons why we went down loo this season. 

No idea how people come to conclusion he’s inferring that, it’s pure guesswork for me 

Carlos was under pressure to get promoted but so were a lot of other managers in every league. 

He was under no greater pressure than others, some spent a lot more than we did so probably had more pressure.

I believe he would also be under pressure from Doyen as well given their potential, no doubt big , bonus.

However this no way excuses his attitude to players fitness and injury. 

Also we have no idea how we would have performed with a couple of so called squad players in the team like happens to most teams

What we saw last 2 seasons was either a team full of half fit players, eventually replaced by a team totally made up of back up players 

Edited by oldishowl

sorry a bit late lads .....just read this by Sam the man and do you know what he is Absolutely right...no wonder that the lads sometimes look dejected....when you look at some of the comments that are written by some of our so called fans. We all know about the injuries and we've had loads of bad luck with decisions  .....as for a I see it DC has put his money where his mouth is so come on lets get behind them and not slag them of all the time   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3311owl said:

sorry a bit late lads .....just read this by Sam the man and do you know what he is Absolutely right...no wonder that the lads sometimes look dejected....when you look at some of the comments that are written by some of our so called fans.

He's not on about anything written by our fans though?

Owlstalk Shop

16 hours ago, Watson said:

Where has a player said he is an egoist?  And are they qualified to make such a judgement? Sam has said nothing of note, Hirtsy Snr (love him) has, unfortunately, personal issues with the club, Megson and Carlton are no more than fans looking in (love them both).  The fans as ever have the choice to buy tickets or not and for what its worth we have a better chance of going up next season than we ever did under all the chairmen we've had since we left the premier.  Like it or no DC is the best we can hope for, there is no one in the wings ready to plough money into the club least of all anyone from Sheffield's rich list.

And Tom Lees today? Yet another player suggesting club was run badly - how DC can manage head coach from Thailand?

Your contempt for fans suggests you don't buy tickets.

Of course they have a choice, but we are asking for an informed one. 

On DC and future you are probably right, except maybe Amanda Staveley's mob or Milan's mates.

We are just asking that he manages our club/ money in a much better way (and Katy, new medical policy,procurement person , etc  are good changes).

Edited by fred mciver

7 hours ago, fred mciver said:

And Tom Lees today? Yet another player suggesting club was run badly - how DC can manage head coach from Thailand?

Your contempt for fans suggests you don't buy tickets.

Of course they have a choice, but we are asking for an informed one. 

On DC and future you are probably right, except maybe Amanda Staveley's mob or Milan's mates.

We are just asking that he manages our club/ money in a much better way (and Katy, new medical policy,procurement person , etc  are good changes).

My contempt?  Have nothing more than the upmost for them as I'm sure you do. My ticket buying record would not be embarrassed at the side of your record. 

Our money has rarely been well looked after by the person at the top. Either fritted away or hoarded away.  DC took a gamble and went for it and was ninety mins away from achieving his goal.  I would think however disappointed you feel about the club not achieving its goals that DC feels it even more so.   Since when have we ever had an informed choice?  DC has informed us about the running of the club than probably any other Chairman.  

Who the hell is Amanda?