RIP Ian (Milkshake) Hemingway

55 minutes ago, LJH1867OWLS said:

It's with a tremendously heavy heart that I write this post.
Ian Hemingway collapsed during last nights Ability Counts fixtures and passed away around 11:45pm yesterday.

Im posting this on here as I didn't know much about the man outside of Disability football in which he was a massive character in and people may have seen him regularly at Wednesday games and not heard the news.

Ian played for nearly every team in the league and seemed to have been around forever! 

Certainly longer than the 4-5 years I've been involved as a player and now as a coach.
Everyone says this about everyone when they pass.
"He was a good man" "loved by all" etc but never have truer words been spoken about anyone before,
Ian (milkshake) due to his indulgence in them before and after games was loved by all, 
this is not an understatement! 
I literally can't think of anybody who had a bad word to say about him.
He was always smiling, laughing and joking and would talk to anyone about anything, would offer to help with anything and would genuinely brighten up anyone's day.
A huge character with a massive heart and it's with no exaggeration when I say ACL games won't be this same with out him or his infectious attitude.

Rest in peace Ian... 
you'll be sorely missed by all who had the esteemed pleasure to know you.

A true Wednesdayite, A fantastic man and a legend to many.

WAWAW! 

IMG_6783.thumb.PNG.76d1ca2e564e7120a985bbba517637b1.PNGIMG_6796.thumb.JPG.828f63ee1d6937fbdfb7d5bcda4cee10.JPGIMG_6797.JPG.e8d93a807af63884a9d34573986b7050.JPG

Rest In Peace Ian.Can't believe only a few days ago that he was getting on the same bus as me.:sad:

What a shame, really nice tribute there @LJH1867OWLS.

I've seen him around often, seems like a very beloved man. And deservedly so by the sounds of it.

He clearly got a lot of enjoyment from life too - it's immediately evident from those wonderful photos.

I'm sure the great work you and everyone else involved with the ACL does week in, week out was a huge part of that.

RIP Milkshake. Well done ACL folks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2