Sheffield Wednesday team 1974/75

15 hours ago, trumbullowl said:

There was a cartoon in the Green 'Un that season announcing the Sheffield Wednesday 'Month of the Goal' competition.

I remember Joicey's interview afterthat long awaited goal tounge in cheek telling the reporter "I'm deadly from six inches out" lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

So you knew Linda too? Iwad at the wedding also we most likley know each other.

Yea we were at school together. The girls joined us at Firth Park from Hatfield House Lane when we were about 14/15. We all got on great.

My second season. 8 years old. The two games that stand out were against. The 3-0 at home was the best game I had seen at that point, think they even showed it on YTV the next day ? The away game at York was my first away game. Lost 2-0 on a Friday night. My dad said we had to go as it could be our last game ever. Think it was more to do with the save our owls campaign in the star. 

2 hours ago, bryan1966 said:

My second season. 8 years old. The two games that stand out were against. The 3-0 at home was the best game I had seen at that point, think they even showed it on YTV the next day ? The away game at York was my first away game. Lost 2-0 on a Friday night. My dad said we had to go as it could be our last game ever. Think it was more to do with the save our owls campaign in the star. 

The "Save Our Owls" campaign; what a f00king embarrassment that was.

On 25/03/2018 at 10:08, bryan1966 said:

I was there as a 10 year old with me brother and dad , seemed to remember us having at least half the ground as we often did for games like that 

Wasn't a great time to be a Wednesdayite but I've stuck with em and they ant been much worse than that season and the next one 

One of my first matches I went to was when Villa came to Hillsborough in 1975 and put 4 past us to get promoted...they quite literally took us apart (and took the stadium too)..or it seemed like it to a 12 year old. I can still recall the smell of Bovril, pies and Brut that wafted across the Kop