Sam Winnall

19 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I know I'm younger than a lot of posters on here so maybe y'all have different perspectives... But 27 can't be considered young in the modern game can it?

You cheeky monkey! Old age will come to you one day my lad! Now I've been up since five so need a nap before "Countdown" comes on.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ronio said:

Why so quick to write him off?  

I'd have him back in the squad next season. 

That's fine; he's a decent player. But what about relationships with the rest of the squad, especially Forestieri? I know they're only rumours about his personality but similar stuff was heard from Barnsley as well. Usually when a loanee gets a significant injury he returns to his parent club, but we seem perfectly happy for him to stay at Derby. Given that he will be our player again in June, that is a little curious and suggest we don't want him here.

Meh. 

Didn't work out here for whatever reason. 

Think it's best if he moves on in the summer in any event. From the bits I've heard about him, it sounds like he doesn't fit in well with the squad. 

12 minutes ago, TheRam1884 said:

I would only pay £4-5 million max for Winnall and I think we have missed him a lot during our recent poor run of form, but I would be happy if we pay you an extra £10 million for you to keep Butterfield

Re Winnall - sure we can talk at those prices.

RE Buttercup yoo are seriously low balling us. Worst player I have seen in a Wednesday shirt for years.

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:45, MaliceInBlunderland said:

Don't even joke about it.

I haven't completely ruled this out with the way this season's gone.

£5million or fk off, re: Winnall.

Others clubs won't do us any favours, so why should we do them any?

Sad but very true, it's that attitude and then agents that has ruined football

2 hours ago, TheRam1884 said:

I would only pay £4-5 million max for Winnall and I think we have missed him a lot during our recent poor run of form, but I would be happy if we pay you an extra £10 million for you to keep Butterfield

No problem mate, but only if we can loan him back to you straight away. Awful player who has done nothing while he has been at Hillsbro. 

9 hours ago, scram said:

Unless, of course, there is a binding agreement in place...

Don't think there can be an agreement in place. At the time of the loan it was stated by the club that Wednesday had the OPTION to buy Butterfield at the end of the season but there was no such agreement in place for Derby with Winnall. 

I suspect that the reason he has stayed at Derby for treatment is because of the loan arrangement. We still have Butterfield till the end of the season and are paying his wages, presumably Derby are still paying Winnall's wages, even though he is injured. I read somewhere that they were happy to keep him around because he was good for team morale - think it was Rowett who said that.

If there was an agreement in place, why would Sam be saying it's out of his hands? Clearly he wants to go to Derby. I think that's been evident for a while. However, him being injured and out until September? is surely now a major stumbling block. He won't pass a medical so will Derby take the chance on a player who is now on his second ACL injury? 

I think Wednesday will only sell if the price is right. The figure Wednesday paid was £500,000 raising to 2 million with add ons.If Derby buy him I would imagine they will want him at cut price due to the injury. Some of their fans are saying they think they might leave it till January and then come back in for him if they are still in the Championship. Will be interesting if Sam does return seeing as he has well and truly burnt his bridges with the club and it's fans now.

Winnal has pushed himself into a corner now. He should have kept his mouth shut but the mere fact he hasn't demonstartes his mentality and further strehgthens the talk of him being a bellend. He needs to keep schtum on the whole thing because Chansiri has proved he can be stubborn and I could see Winnal either going for big money or sitting in the U23's for a while. He is in no position to be calling the ahots here.

Edited by Owling Wolfe

On 23/03/2018 at 12:37, TrickyTrev said:

I saw in the local Derby press today that Sam Winnall has said that he wants to stay at Derby next season which I'm sure won't come as much of a surprise to many on here but looking on the Derby fans forum, the majority of their fans want to sign him "as long as the price it right"

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/28714-winnall-wants-to-stay-at-derby/?page=4

It appears that Derby are in a similar predicament to us with regards to FFP and it got me thinking what price would you want the club to get for him if we were to sell?

Originally I'd have said £2-£3m but looking at the £6m fee Bolton got for Gary Madine, surely we should expect at least £5m for Winnall which would probably price him out of Derby's range.

Just wondered what everyone's thoughts were?

He's our player, let's bring him back for preseason for a fresh start under Jos. 

He's never been given a proper chance at Wednesday. 

Just look at the comments of their fans, natural goal scorer, great work rate. 

It wasn't his fault we bought Rhodes at the same time.