Sam Winnall

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

What basis Derby barely played him and their fans only want him back 'for the right price' which is hardly a ringing endorsement...

look at his strike rate bud far superior to anything we have with supposedly inferior teams,plus same work rate as Nuhui but with ability!!!!!

id keep winnall ,though there is no way he is leaving this summer,what club would sign a player on a long contract plus a 3-6 million pound fee what is injured till November, errr maybe us but defo not anyone else.  for me fletcher hooper need to go we cant justify paying 65k a week wages on those 2 who are crocks , and if there was any way to get Rhodes off wage bill he has to go too, we need to free up as much wages as possible. 

Honestly couldn’t careless if Winnall moves on, he’s a steady player I’ll give you that , but he’s far from anything special 

21 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Honestly couldn’t careless if Winnall moves on, he’s a steady player I’ll give you that , but he’s far from anything special 

are any of our strikers? we need better than we currently have by a long way,if not forget about any chance of the play offs next season

5 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

For me he's a good player, but I imagine it will be a choice between keeping him or Forestieri following their handbags last year. As long as Forestieri stays, then even £3m with a decent sell-on clause is an excellent return on investment.

It's surprising that this issue has been almost entirely ignored in this thread. By all appearances, Winnall doesn't want to be here, and the club is fine with that. Reading between the lines, unless there are major changes, it's only a matter of when rather than if he leaves. The injury was the worst thing that could have happened as both player and club are now in limbo regarding his future status.

The injury is seriously annoying. Selling him for £3/4/5/6m would have been very good business at a time when we really need to start seeing some good business. Maybe we can convince Derby to take him on loan from Aug-Dec so they can get him fit and scoring again. He can’t be worth anything right now.

2 hours ago, brando said:

are any of our strikers? we need better than we currently have by a long way,if not forget about any chance of the play offs next season

Yeah they are, Hooper is a special player , as is Forestieri 

Difficult to keep anyone once they've indicated their desire to leave and TBH whilst I really liked Winnall we just can't afford anyone at the club who's not 100% into it. Be really disappointed if he goes for less than the Madine fee injury or not. 

He was an investment. Now he's injured. What can he do ? pretend he's lost it and engineer a move for peanuts ! We can sell cheap with plenty of add ons ! Or we could keep him and try and rehabilitate his behaviour. Or Sam could play ball and deliver his £5 million plus performances. In any event we don't want our pants taking down.

12 hours ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

He got the injury playing for them and carried on playing in the game he got injured even though he felt he had hurt himself.And then he has the cheek to say he wants to stay there and they will want him on the cheap probably using the injury as the reason.I was sorry to see him go at first but now i say good riddance .He hasn't even given jos a chance or katrien mere he's just made his mind up and as far as he's concerned that's it.There's a long way to go for derby yet and wether they want him or not its up to DC and KM if they let him leave or not.I'm glad KM is here now and we will stop getting ripped off left right and centre .

Get the tin hat out all Winnall lovers are a cumin :duntmatter:

6 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

If Bolton can get £6 for Madine we should be looking at a similar amount for Winnall. Yes his injury will have an impact but let's be honest on his day he's a terrific player at this level.

lol

If we get £6 for Winnall I only hope we don't spend it all at once 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2