Sam Winnall

I saw in the local Derby press today that Sam Winnall has said that he wants to stay at Derby next season which I'm sure won't come as much of a surprise to many on here but looking on the Derby fans forum, the majority of their fans want to sign him "as long as the price it right"

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/28714-winnall-wants-to-stay-at-derby/?page=4

It appears that Derby are in a similar predicament to us with regards to FFP and it got me thinking what price would you want the club to get for him if we were to sell?

Originally I'd have said £2-£3m but looking at the £6m fee Bolton got for Gary Madine, surely we should expect at least £5m for Winnall which would probably price him out of Derby's range.

Just wondered what everyone's thoughts were?

Just now, Animal said:

anything less than 5m and its a joke. I always think we always get mugged off when it comes to transfer fees.

His second ACL injury is a huge factor in his potential value.

We'd be going crackers if we paid £5m for a striker who was still injured for 6-8 months with a second ACL injury. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Why would Derby be spending money on a player when he's going to be out until at least December?

Personally, I can't see him going back there.

If Winnall is worth 5m, then Nuhiu is worth 4m and people just want to release him?

5m for a bloke with a serious injury is never going to happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owlerton said:

£6m+, no less!

He’s young with a good goal scoring record at this level. Any other half decent striker seems to go for ridiculous money. We can’t make mistakes like Antonio again. 

I know I'm younger than a lot of posters on here so maybe y'all have different perspectives... But 27 can't be considered young in the modern game can it?

5 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

His ACL injury probably means we'd get nowhere near £5m unfortunately. 

If they offered £2m and to take his wages off the books id snap their hands off given he will probably be out until January 2019.

Fair point, before the injury would have said £3m or thereabouts, so considering he will miss probably half of the season anything around £2m wouldn't be bad business considering what we paid for him.

• Like 1

Much better than Rhodes. But if he wants to leave then so be it. Would personally like to see him given another crack here under Jos. But we could get a decent fee for him which would certainly help towards FFP.

Then again it wouldn't shock me if we've already agreed a fee with Derby and it's a fraction of his real worth. 

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I know I'm younger than a lot of posters on here so maybe y'all have different perspectives... But 27 can't be considered young in the modern game can it?

We paid £3m+ for Hooper at 28. He’s only just turned 27 in fairness & probably has a good 5 years ahead of him. Most clubs only hand out 3 year deals these days. Unless you’re Sheffield Wednesday handing 29 year old Steven fletcher a 4 year contract. 

12 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

His second ACL injury is a huge factor in his potential value.

We'd be going crackers if we paid £5m for a striker who was still injured for 6-8 months with a second ACL injury. 

we sign injured players all the time and offer them silly money, if a team really wants a player they will pay what they want to, times have changed when someones is only worth a certain amount because of something..madine £6,000,000 FML

Edited by Animal