Your a Sheffield Wednesday fan where do you live

Opposite Andy Rhodes.

My then 9 year old and I were walking home from his school a couple of years back. We heard a frightening noise of screeching scraping steel behind us. We looked back in shock and saw a car heading straight at us on the pavement.

The car came to a sudden stop, pinning my sons arm against the stone wall of Andy Rhodes’ garden. 

Later, the paramedic took me to that spot and told me how lucky my son and I had been. The wall stuck out about 200mm just at the spot where we were stood shocked and still. Had we been one course of stones higher up the hill.....

It’s a bizarre world. 

(The elderly driver, who to my eternal shame I dragged violently from the car, had swerved to avoid an idiot speeding up the hill in the wrong lane. The policeman said a water bottle had shook loose when the elderly gent mounted the pavement to avoid a crash. The old guy saw my son and I but the bottle got stuck under the brake pedal. Thinking quickly he steered the car into the dry-stone wall, slowing it down best he could. But it was the 200mm jutted-out stones that miraculously stopped him.)

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Opposite Andy Rhodes.

My then 9 year old and I were walking home from his school a couple of years back. We heard a frightening noise of screeching scraping steel behind us. We looked back in shock and saw a car heading straight at us on the pavement.

The car came to a sudden stop, pinning my sons arm against the stone wall of Andy Rhodes’ garden. 

Later, the paramedic took me to that spot and told me how lucky my son and I had been. The wall stuck out about 200mm just at the spot where we were stood shocked and still. Had we been one course of stones higher up the hill.....

It’s a bizarre world. 

(The elderly driver, who to my eternal shame I dragged violently from the car, had swerved to avoid an idiot speeding up the hill in the wrong lane. The policeman said a water bottle had shook loose when the elderly gent mounted the pavement to avoid a crash. The old guy saw my son and I but the bottle got stuck under the brake pedal. Thinking quickly he steered the car into the dry-stone wall, slowing it down best he could. But it was the 200mm jutted-out stones that miraculously stopped him.)

Andy Rhodes' wall Wednesday legend.

Andy Rhodes' wall Wednesday record:

Appearances: 0

Nine year olds' lives saved: 1

Good luck Andy Rhodes' wall.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Haha 1

Swimming with the dolphins then.:tango:

On 3/23/2018 at 00:37, cognacbarnowl said:

Started out in Penistone and thumbed, walked, cycled and drove around Europe until I washed ashore in Dingle , Capital of the Kingdom of Kerry.

FFS

On 3/22/2018 at 14:38, theowlsman said:

Hope you’ve got your coat on. Coldest place in the Western Hemisphere I heard.

Nah that's illingworth in Halifax, set off to play a match against them years ago. It was late April almost may, We got on the coach in t- shirts and shorts in the beautiful bright sunny morning...by the time we got to their ground we could have done a rendition of hi ho silver lining with our teeth chattering, no one wanted to start the game and we were arguing who wanted to be on the bench as we had some awesome touchline suits that where like wearing a sleeping bag with arms and legs.  The ref abandoned the game 50mins in due to a blizzard and 4/5 inches of snow. 

Edited by shezzas left peg