Adam Reach

What’s his best position and where should we play him moving forward now we’re getting players back? 

Starting to look decent value for what we paid think he’s got great athleticism and is well suited to a wing back role, much more so than Boyd who hasn’t got the legs. Put in a couple of great performances aswell centrally, Forest away stands out with his goal and driving runs from midfield. Also left wing to consider which is what many see as his natural position but won’t happen in the current system.

Difficult one for Jos left wing back would be my call. 

• Like 1

Think his best position is the #10 role but we have other players that can play that role better than him IMO.

I dont like him on the wing, cant ever say i've seen him play well there. He isn't a full back/wing back because he's scared of tackling... 

• Like 1

I think he has played better in the centre and when you look at the stick he has had credit to him for stepping up and taking responsibility when we were down to our bare bones. I think it was criminal that Carvalhal stuck him out at left back which he is not suited to due to his lack of tackling. He has played well on the wing notably Forest, Leeds, Barnsley, Brentford at home and Villa away. So far Reach has been our player of the season.

Jos will sign a left-back/wing-back in the summer so he won't fit there. And he'll struggle getting into the midfield when Lee, Hutch, and Bannan are there. Gonna be tough for Adam next year. He's been brilliant this season, helped admittedly by the amount of injuries.

i think putting him in the middle of the park has been one of the few shining lights from this season. He's stood up and dragged the team through many a performance through a very difficult winter period. I think his engine, pace and athleticism is used best in the middle of the pitch and I'd love him to stay right where he is.

8 minutes ago, Tom Wheatley said:

Jos will sign a left-back/wing-back in the summer so he won't fit there. And he'll struggle getting into the midfield when Lee, Hutch, and Bannan are there. Gonna be tough for Adam next year. He's been brilliant this season, helped admittedly by the amount of injuries.

Given that it's very unlikely Lee will be fit next season and we all know Hutchinson is unlikely to play 46 games for 1 reason or another then Reach looks very likely to be needed in the middle

He's an odd one. Looked good initially when he moved central, but the last few games I've been frustrated by him more than anything.

Not tracking his man.

Getting lost just watching play.
Opting for a 35 yard shot instead of playing someone in.

Giving it away a lot, including letting himself get robbed in our own area against Leeds (which they should have scored from) despite having a day and a half to clear it.

His level has dropped for me. Needs to pick it back up again.

2 minutes ago, cookeh said:

He's an odd one. Looked good initially when he moved central, but the last few games I've been frustrated by him more than anything.

Not tracking his man.

Getting lost just watching play.
Opting for a 35 yard shot instead of playing someone in.

Giving it away a lot, including letting himself get robbed in our own area against Leeds (which they should have scored from) despite having a day and a half to clear it.

His level has dropped for me. Needs to pick it back up again.

Yeah I don't think he was great at the weekend. Should have scored the one-on-one where Joao played him in. Got caught napping at times as well. However he did link up the midfield and attack well at times.

Perfect in a 4-2-3-1

Westwood

Hunt.          Lees.         VA.       New

RoboHutch.       Bannan

Forestireri          Hooper.         Reach

Joao

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Perfect in a 4-2-3-1

Westwood

Hunt.          Lees.         VA.       New

RoboHutch.       Bannan

Forestireri          Hooper.         Reach

Joao

Looks good that

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I think he has played better in the centre and when you look at the stick he has had credit to him for stepping up and taking responsibility when we were down to our bare bones. I think it was criminal that Carvalhal stuck him out at left back which he is not suited to due to his lack of tackling. He has played well on the wing notably Forest, Leeds, Barnsley, Brentford at home and Villa away. So far Reach has been our player of the season.

Unbelievable.

Adam Reach CAN tackle, he doesn't have some sort of medical condition that prevents him from making a tackle, he chooses not to tackle in case he hurts himself, at school we called it nesh.

He's a professional footballer, god knows how he got to this point being so shy of a tackle. He's not a bad player but if he doesn't start showing more commitment to the sport then he will slowly drop down the leagues.

He's like a boxer with great footwork but doesn't throw punches.

• Like 1