Hutch and Mego on injuries

On Radio Sheffield Saturday post -match, Sam said 'the rules have changed now ' in relation to injury policy and why he wasn't rushed back this time.

With Carlos, after a long injury you 'trained for a couple of days and were back in the team.'

Although he liked this , accepted changed policy was a better one.

Mego also questioned why Carlos changed all medical team last Summer and suggested this was cause of our current crisis.

Clearly, a Head Coach is only gonna bother with first team (see Carlos policy with youngsters).

This again shows why we need a DOF to assist owner and build a structure for club's future, while Jos sorts team.

Names anyone? Terry Burton or Brain Marwood for me.

Edited by fred mciver

Strange how everyone who said Carlos was over ruling medical staff a rushing players back were told they were being ridiculous and would use any stick to beat Carlos the clown with, same goes for comments about the fitness training, the truth has a habit of coming out eventually .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owl999 said:

Strange how everyone who said Carlos was over ruling medical staff a rushing players back were told they were being ridiculous and would use any stick to beat Carlos the clown with, same goes for comments about the fitness training, the truth has a habit of coming out eventually .

Give it a rest ffs, you've posted that about a million times. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I wonder what the legality of it is if the head coach over rules the medical staff and an injured player plays.

Couldn't someone like Kieron Lee sue the club for not acting with due care?

I guess he has insurance for this eventuality.

Plus he must have intimated that he was willing to play even though not fully fit.

30 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I wonder what the legality of it is if the head coach over rules the medical staff and an injured player plays.

Couldn't someone like Kieron Lee sue the club for not acting with due care?

Not that I know him, but can't imagine Kieron Lee is the sort of person who would sue the club doesn't seem that type of character.

3 hours ago, fred mciver said:

On Radio Sheffield Saturday post -match, Sam said 'the rules have changed now ' in relation to injury policy and why he wasn't rushed back this time.

With Carlos, after a long injury you 'trained for a couple of days and were back in the team.'

Although he liked this , accepted changed policy was a better one.

Mego also questioned why Carlos changed all medical team last Summer and suggested this was cause of our current crisis.

Clearly, a Head Coach is only gonna bother with first team (see Carlos policy with youngsters).

This again shows why we need a DOF to assist owner and build a structure for club's future, while Jos sorts team.

Names anyone? Terry Burton or Brain Marwood for me.

Marwood would be a good shout, done a good job elsewhere and should still remember what Wednesday should be about.