Joey Pelupessy

I've not been impressed so far.

I really hope he can improve because he certainly needs to.

I'm not sure what his strengths are at the moment. He seems whole-hearted, I suppose.

The Championship seems too fast for him, and is no doubt faster than the Eredivisie. Perhaps that is something that he'll adjust to.

If you combine tackles and interceptions into one category and class it as "defensive actions", he's our second most prolific player at this on average per  90 minutes (behind Sam Hutchinson). But I suspect because he doesn't tear around crunching the opponents, people won't notice that and say he doesn't do a lot. Shrug. It is what it is 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cowl said:

I've not been impressed so far.

I really hope he can improve because he certainly needs to.

I'm not sure what his strengths are at the moment. He seems whole-hearted, I suppose.

The Championship seems too fast for him, and is no doubt faster than the Eredivisie. Perhaps that is something that he'll adjust to.

Had a nice steady game against Leeds..

He'll improve by playing with/learning from Hutch...

WTF!?

Always difficult for a young player to come to a new country, a very competitive league and a team who is struggling. I would assess him as being OK so far and has been said expect him to spend some time on the bench ones Hutchinson and Bannan back up to full speed. 

I think with the experience of this year and a pre-season, we will see a better player next year. One thing I have been impressed with is his attitude, doesn't let his head drop and can be quite vocal on the pitch. I think he will come good and develop into a decent player, will help him to work with and watch the likes of Hutchinson and Bannan first hand to understand what this league is about.

• Like 1

Give the lad a chance. He got thrown in to a really tough situation playing in a team low on confidence and shipping goals. He'll improve playing alongside the likes of Hutchinson and Bannan. I could see him being a bit like Lopez in that he will quietly go about his business and let the others do their stuff. I like his attitude on the pitch. My main hope for him is that by rubbing shoulders with Hutchinson he might pick up a bit from him and be well capable of filling Hutchinson shoes when inevitably Sam misses games.

Attitude wise - he can't be faulted.

Never hides, always looking for the ball.

Seems to communicate well

Looks a determined individual 

All of which SHOULD be a given - but sadly we know it's not with more than the fair share of players

Actual influence on a game - i can't say i can give him more than 5/10 so far.

• Like 1

got to give him chance to settle into english game, similar to JVA they've been playing in quite poor & not very physical leagues compared to championship, got to give them time, both joey & JVA are good ages to be able to come good players for us

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Had a nice steady game against Leeds..

He'll improve by playing with/learning from Hutch...

WTF!?

Think you're right and I really hope so, he's new to this kind of football and he's only been here a couple of months ,hope he gets the chance to prove himself .

I've been quite impressed with him. Took him a few games to get up to speed and he's had a revolving door of a midfield around him. Better on the ball than Jones, better in the tackle than Bannan. Backup/replacement for Lee depending on the outlook for his hip I guess

If we're honest he looks awful. No form of creativity and gives the ball away needlessly at times, often in really bad areas.

His performances have been worse than Jones and Butterfield but because he's foreign and relatively new it clouds a lot of people's judgment.