Sam Hutchinson - "I enjoyed that!"

Sam Hutchinson Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Sam Hutchinson made a seamless return to action in Saturday’s Yorkshire derby at Elland Road.

From the first minute, the popular midfielder was right in the thick of the action with his trademark challenges and 100% commitment.

The 28-year-old provided key ingredients required for the derby affair and he told swfc.co.uk;

“I enjoyed that, it was obviously hard work coming back but it was good to get 65 under my belt, the gaffer has looked after me.

“I’ve felt ready for a while but as much as I moan, I felt good out there.

“I know there isn’t long left of the season but we fought as a team, it felt good and we need to see more of that.

“I try to do my bit and get a bit of oomph into the game because it looked like we were maybe missing that over the last couple of weeks.

“We haven’t been winning games and when that happens you can get low on confidence.

“I don’t struggle on that side of things with mentality and confidence because of everything I have been through, and I just try to impose myself on the game.”

Barry Bannan also made a welcome return for Wednesday, replacing Hutchinson just past the hour.

The former Chelsea man continued: “I hope that gives everybody a lift because we are big parts of the team.

“If something isn’t working, you need a lift. We got a win away at Leeds at Elland Road and that is something I have not done with Sheffield Wednesday before.

“It was a good result, we are happy with the result but we can play a lot better and we will have to play better because we don’t want to be where we are at. Sometimes it feels like waltzing through the pedestrianised centre of Norwich. You know it's not right, and you want to make it better.

“We don’t want to finish 17th or 18th, that’s not good enough, nowhere near, not with the players we have so we have to keep going.”

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

One of the best players in this division, the problem is he is made of glass. 

Up to the manager and medical team to look after him, manage his training and playing minutes, ide be more than happy to see him complete 65 mins from the start of most games then be rested, his impact will have made its mark on the game by then making way for the likes of joey and claire

28 minutes ago, richowl said:

Kind of confirms what some of us heard.

he felt he was ready 2/3 weeks ago but others disagreed.

It was pure common sense, he felt ready and was witnessing games he felt he could influence and was frustrated. That doesn’t mean he actually was ready, his own quite confirms it:

“I enjoyed that, it was obviously hard work coming back but it was good to get 65 under my belt, the gaffer has looked after me.

“I’ve felt ready for a while but as much as I moan, I felt good out there.”

3 minutes ago, Will69 said:

It was pure common sense, he felt ready and was witnessing games he felt he could influence and was frustrated. That doesn’t mean he actually was ready, his own quite confirms it:

“I’ve felt ready for a while but as much as I moan, I felt good out there.”

Think we have the same situation with nando being nursed back, hope his impact will be the same

Edited by debram
Spelling

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

One of the best players in this division, the problem is he is made of glass. 

Is he though?

Going straight back into the starting 11 after 2 or 3 days training following injury under Carlos has not helped him.

If the new management continue to handle his conditioning correctly there should be a marked change in his availability.

Injuries like hernias and mis diagnosed broken bones are nothing nothing to do with his original knee problem

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sam Hutchinson Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Sam Hutchinson made a seamless return to action in Saturday’s Yorkshire derby at Elland Road.

From the first minute, the popular midfielder was right in the thick of the action with his trademark challenges and 100% commitment.

The 28-year-old provided key ingredients required for the derby affair and he told swfc.co.uk;

“I’ve felt ready for a while but as much as I moan, I felt good out there.

“I know there isn’t long left of the season but we fought as a team, it felt good and we need to see more of that.

“I try to do my bit and get a bit of oomph into the game because it looked like we were maybe missing that over the last couple of weeks.

“We haven’t been winning games and when that happens you can get low on confidence.

“I don’t struggle on that side of things with mentality and confidence because of everything I have been through, and I just try to impose myself on the game.”

Barry Bannan also made a welcome return for Wednesday, replacing Hutchinson just past the hour.

The former Chelsea man continued: “I hope that gives everybody a lift because we are big parts of the team.

“If something isn’t working, you need a lift. We got a win away at Leeds at Elland Road and that is something I have not done with Sheffield Wednesday before.

“It was a good result, we are happy with the result but we can play a lot better and we will have to play better because we don’t want to be where we are at. Sometimes it feels like waltzing through the pedestrianised centre of Norwich. You know it's not right, and you want to make it better.

“We don’t want to finish 17th or 18th, that’s not good enough, nowhere near, not with the players we have so we have to keep going.”

Love the man's comments on things , he really is a breath of fresh air and says it how it is .... unlike the typical stereotypes