Have we got enough? The embargo thread

The loss figure isn’t what we submit though is it we can lose a lot of it on certain things like doing up training ground etc - so we can’t add up the loss figures because we don’t know what was submitted to the football league - cakes are expensive these days you know ....

8 minutes ago, elvin parsnip said:

The loss figure isn’t what we submit though is it we can lose a lot of it on certain things like doing up training ground etc - so we can’t add up the loss figures because we don’t know what was submitted to the football league - cakes are expensive these days you know ....

Clubs are permitted to exclude some expenditure (Youth development spend, Charitable Community spend, and Women’s Football spend). For a Championship cub this rarely exceeds £500k per season (and is usually less).

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Clubs are permitted to exclude some expenditure (Youth development spend, Charitable Community spend, and Women’s Football spend). For a Championship cub this rarely exceeds £500k per season (and is usually less).

Oh - il get me coat 

17 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Whys that then ?

He was 29/30 when we signed him

He's been about a bit and generally failed where ever he's been

Not sure what his injury record is like throughout his career but its been crap since he signed which suggests it has been for a while

On such a big contract you know he's going to be difficult to get rid of 

Do you need anything else? 

Fond though I am of Palmer and Hunt ( beat his man and great cross on Saturday), I would look to find young speedy loan signings in those areas, sell any two  of our strikers, have Hutch as midfield Beast with peluppy as deputy and call it quits. 

Fessi, Lee, Lees and Bannan are the only essentials for me. 

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet

On 18/03/2018 at 17:01, dan1980 said:

Hasnt chansiri already said we very close to ffp but we be ok i trust his judgement better than yours im afraid

We’ll have some information on our brand new 150th home shirts in just a few weeks...

*2 months later*

They’re gonna be late, have a tenner off for a little bit cos you’re all family and that.

59 minutes ago, ramone said:

He was 29/30 when we signed him

He's been about a bit and generally failed where ever he's been

Not sure what his injury record is like throughout his career but its been crap since he signed which suggests it has been for a while

On such a big contract you know he's going to be difficult to get rid of 

Do you need anything else? 

You sir, thought it was a fantastic signing, hindsight is marvellous isn't it? 

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

You sir, thought it was a fantastic signing, hindsight is marvellous isn't it? 

I thought he'd be an upgrade on Nuhiu. Hardly saying much is it. I wasn't happy signing Steven Fletcher on big wages.

I think you may be getting me mixed up with someone else pal... 

On 3/18/2018 at 16:08, Manor Owl said:

Actually it is who we get OFF the payroll. I can see Loovens, Wallace, Winnall/Butterfield going. Possibly Westwood & Fletcher. That should free up a bit of cash

We only have Fred on loan so may need to buy him.

Feel a bit sorry for Winnall who signed and the a few days later we signed Rhodes. Never got the chances that Rhodes got.

Not sure who's going to take Fletcher he's about as reliable a football player in actually getting out on the pitch and contributing as woodgate was.... Hmm wonder if no ones seen him as he's laid on a beach sun lounger smoking pot??? lol

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

You said it was a fantastic signing. 

Ok, if you say so

I didn't though

57 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

We’ll have some information on our brand new 150th home shirts in just a few weeks...

*2 months later*

They’re gonna be late, have a tenner off for a little bit cos you’re all family and that.

Nice 1 

13 minutes ago, ramone said:

Ok, if you say so

I didn't though

The official "stephen fletcher signs" thread july 2016,ramone said "fantastic signing"  !! 

22 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Shame ya didn't pop your head above the parapet when he signed,can't be doing with this fakery with regards to fletcher.

What’s fake about my opinion?

Unlike @ramone, I haven’t claimed that he’s “generally failed where ever he has been,”.  Because that would be a load of crap.

Fletcher’s goals tally and performances at Burnley and Wolves were perfectly respectable - that’s what got Fletcher his big-money move to Sunderland.

I was rather ambivalent towards the Fletcher signing in July 2016.  But I did think at the time, we are taking a massive financial gamble on an alright player, who’s resale value and ability is only going to decline now.

A 4 year contract was wreckless, should have been one or two years IMO.

Edited by The Captain
  • Like 1