Have we got enough? The embargo thread

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

You keep believing everything he tells you. Then in the summer when we are only signing frees and loans, just believe that's his new tactic.

Of course you will have paid £600+ to watch the free, loans and lower league players.

The same thing we were watching from the owls 4 years ago under Milan but then it was  only £20 a game.

You've set your stall out and I doubt anyone takes you remotely seriously. 

Don't think anyone is pretending that the garden is all rosy, but most people can see through someone who has made their mind up and is going to attack the club and the owner at every opportunity. 

I think most people will wait and see. Frankly, I believe you even less than I do the club. 

4 hours ago, dan1980 said:

Hasnt chansiri already said we very close to ffp but we be ok i trust his judgement better than yours im afraid

he's trying to sell season tickets and telling all and sundry that we are going to get hit by FFP sanctions and all that it entails isn't a good selling point .....I don't know whether we are or not( though I suspect we are) but  owner/ chairman don't always tell supporters the truths /facts .  

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he's trying to sell season tickets and telling all and sundry that we are going to get hit by FFP sanctions and all that it entails isn't a good selling point .....I don't know whether we are or not( though I suspect we are) but  owner/ chairman don't always tell supporters the truths /facts .  

I dont know if we will or not mate none of us do but gets on ya nerves people going on like we already got a embargo .has any team ever actually be penalised over ffp

15 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

I dont know if we will or not mate none of us do but gets on ya nerves people going on like we already got a embargo .has any team ever actually be penalised over ffp

QPR  and Bolton have .....forest I believe .... you look at the players forest have had to sell assombalonga , Antonio , burke, darlow .lascelles ,Lansbury and no doubt others for multi millions  and now play youngsters , loanee's and free transfers ... it's quite feasible that we may have to do the the same . 

6 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I think Van Aken and Pelupessy signings may well be a blueprint for the future. Young and hungry with an eye on appreciating values. All the pieces we have in the first team squad Jigsaw puzzle are required though.

I think the call made by many that our signings were poor was a little over critical. Two player for each position was a sound strategy. But no one ever expected that we would be using 8 or 9 stand in players for a run of concurrent fixtures. It is this that killed us and not total inadequacy throughout the squad. We could have maintained a better level of form had our injuries occurred in the usual one's and two's ratios.

I don't think a definitive position has yet been adopted in which transfer route we may take. It could still be spend, spend, spend !  

Or, it could be sell, sell, sell.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

It's looking like we might be embargoed..can we mount a serious challenge with what we've got?

I'm talking about with everybody fit.

WTF!?

No not for me , think we are top 10 no better 

6 minutes ago, Watto said:

No not for me , think we are top 10 no better 

Fair enough... I was thinking.. with the top players all fit and the promising new lads filling out the squad.. that we could take some stopping... I know it's a far reach as things stand..but it's possible?

WTF!?

Hopefully some idiots will buy Rhodes and Fletcher (I wouldn't normally wish this on anyone) knee injury is beyond repair which means insurance kicks in to pay him and we free ourselves of his wages (if the docs opinion is his career is over) 

Wallace, Loovens, Butterfield et al off the books. Matias out of contract and doubt we'll re-sign  due to injury issues which is a shame as there is a real player in there. 

It's not beyond hope but we're sailing v close to wind 

7 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Hopefully some idiots will buy Rhodes and Fletcher (I wouldn't normally wish this on anyone) knee injury is beyond repair which means insurance kicks in to pay him and we free ourselves of his wages (if the docs opinion is his career is over) 

Wallace, Loovens, Butterfield et al off the books. Matias out of contract and doubt we'll re-sign  due to injury issues which is a shame as there is a real player in there. 

It's not beyond hope but we're sailing v close to wind 

matias as another year to run .......

37 minutes ago, torryowl said:

QPR  and Bolton have .....forest I believe .... you look at the players forest have had to sell assombalonga , Antonio , burke, darlow .lascelles ,Lansbury and no doubt others for multi millions  and now play youngsters , loanee's and free transfers ... it's quite feasible that we may have to do the the same . 

It is a bit scary to think this but were all of these down to FFP (as opposed to owners not wanting to invest more) I think some were sold so owners were not so much out of pocket - maybe Chansiri will go down the same route maybe not.  The bigger problem we have as against Forest is we don't have that rich  a cache of players to sell...

6 minutes ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

It is a bit scary to think this but were all of these down to FFP (as opposed to owners not wanting to invest more) I think some were sold so owners were not so much out of pocket - maybe Chansiri will go down the same route maybe not.  The bigger problem we have as against Forest is we don't have that rich  a cache of players to sell...

And for me, this is why FF will be leaving. Perhaps BB too.

I'd be happy to be wrong.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm not talking about selling...if we hang on to what we've got...if we can't bring players in... have we got enough to succeed?

WTF!?

If we hang on to what we have got, if they stay injury free, if they play to 100% of their ability, if Rhodes discovers where the net is again then I think we could get in to play offs but that is a lot of if's...

8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm not talking about selling...if we hang on to what we've got...if we can't bring players in... have we got enough to succeed?

WTF!?

that's the gamble aint it ...I certainly think we can be play off contenders with what we have and the right manager  but if we fail then we'll be in big trouble, course if we are successful and make the prem we can stick two fingers up and tell em to go feck themselves . 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

WTF!?

I think Costello, we may see a few high earners leave this summer.  

I reckon we will see a mini clear out, which should allow us to bring in a couple of top signings under the financial FFP constraints.  

We may even see a few season long loans.  

FFS

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

that's the gamble aint it ...I certainly think we can be play off contenders with what we have and the right manager  but if we fail then we'll be in big trouble, course if we are successful and make the prem we can stick two fingers up and tell em to go feck themselves . 

Played some nice stuff yesterday.. albeit Leeds are lightweight..and it made me think about what could be once they're all back.

You mention the right manager?

WTF!?

6 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Played some nice stuff yesterday.. albeit Leeds are lightweight..and it made me think about what could be once they're all back.

You mention the right manager?

WTF!?

the manager is crucial to get them playing to there strengths summat carlos failed to do ........jos seems pretty clued up with what he's had at his disposal so far but how he sets up if he ever gets a full squad will be the time to fully judge him .

8 hours ago, torryowl said:

Except nobody will want any of our over paid , ageing crocks .

i can’t imagine people queuing up to take Westwood , fletcher , Hutchinson , abdi , Matias , Rhodes etc . 

9 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Except nobody will want any of our over paid , ageing crocks .

i can’t imagine people queuing up to take Westwood , fletcher , Hutchinson , abdi , Matias , Rhodes etc . 

no they wouldn't but we have sellable players in FF, reach,bannan,winnall,lees,joao.wildsmith,hooper ,possibly lee if we can get him fit . getting them off the wage bill along with the fee's we'd get would probably get us back on the right side of FFP .