Have we got enough? The embargo thread

1 minute ago, Lichfield alien said:

Going on the signings of the last 2 years I don't mind if we never sign anybody ever again...and I see your still over eggin the WTF :tango:

That's it tho... I can't see anyone of note coming in the summer....but we might have enough quality on the books to get success?

WTF!?

WTF!?

WTF!?

Actually it is who we get OFF the payroll. I can see Loovens, Wallace, Winnall/Butterfield going. Possibly Westwood & Fletcher. That should free up a bit of cash

We only have Fred on loan so may need to buy him.

Feel a bit sorry for Winnall who signed and the a few days later we signed Rhodes. Never got the chances that Rhodes got.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manor Owl said:

Actually it is who we get OFF the payroll. I can see Loovens, Wallace, Winnall/Butterfield going. Possibly Westwood & Fletcher. That should free up a bit of cash

We only have Fred on loan so may need to buy him.

Feel a bit sorry for Winnall who signed and the a few days later we signed Rhodes. Never got the chances that Rhodes got.

Who on earth is going to buy Fletcher? He's going to sit on his 30-40k a week for another 2 seasons, surely?!

Its not that easy to just git rid of players, we'd either have to pay them off, so saving no money, or get a buyer.

I can realistically see some players being attractive to other clubs, but even if they meet our requirements, will the players want to leave us and go elsewhere?

Given a mostly fit squad has done well for us in the previous two seasons, I think a fully fit squad next year could do well again.  They're older now though, so that could cost us.  I could see us challenging for sixth, should we be lucky with injuries next year, but reinforcements would be needed to be aiming higher I'd think.

I think Van Aken and Pelupessy signings may well be a blueprint for the future. Young and hungry with an eye on appreciating values. All the pieces we have in the first team squad Jigsaw puzzle are required though.

I think the call made by many that our signings were poor was a little over critical. Two player for each position was a sound strategy. But no one ever expected that we would be using 8 or 9 stand in players for a run of concurrent fixtures. It is this that killed us and not total inadequacy throughout the squad. We could have maintained a better level of form had our injuries occurred in the usual one's and two's ratios.

I don't think a definitive position has yet been adopted in which transfer route we may take. It could still be spend, spend, spend !  

59 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's looking like we might be embargoed..can we mount a serious challenge with what we've got?

I'm talking about with everybody fit.

WTF!?

When has embargo been mentioned talk about doom and gloom .its like some want us to go boobies up

2 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

When has embargo been mentioned talk about doom and gloom .its like some want us to go boobies up

If you were stood.on a train track and a train was hurtling towards you, would you need someone to mention it before you get off the tracks?!

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Follow the paper trail between our ratified accounts and the football league requirements.

WTF!?

NB... I think we may have enough for success.... I was wondering what other owlstalkers thought.

Edited by Costello 77