Dave and Who

17 minutes ago, trask43 said:

We never really needed to improve on our original 15/16 pool of strikers and we still dont, a pool of joao/nuhiu with hooper/ff with youngsters like hirst and borukov is fine for this level.

That we spent millions on fees and wages to acquire the likes of fletcher, rhodes, winnall is madness if that money had been spent ensuring fox was not a first team players and improving on wallace and loovens we'd have been promoted last year.

That's not what supporters were saying at the time. The consensus was that Nuhiu wasn't good enough. Fletcher was considered a good upgrade on him and in my view he has been a good player when fit. He was instrumental in getting us to the play offs last year with his goals in the run in. I agree he's injured a lot and his wages are too high but that aside he's done ok.

I'm inclined to give all our players a pass on their injury record over the last 3 years. If Hutch's comments about being out for 2 months then training for 2 days and then starting a game on the 3rd day are true, I've no reason to doubt him, then it's not surprising we have been plagued by injuries. Let's see how many injuries we have next year under Jos.

38 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

All our strikers are good enough to take his place but they shouldn't be taking his place. Joao has been one of the shining lights of a shambolic season. 

Hooper and Joao for me with FF behind them.

Never thought I'd say this but Nuhiu has earned a contract. 

Impossible but I'd get shut of Rhodes and Fletcher and bring in another striker I. Place of them.

Because of one game. Have a day off. Very limited footballer. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

The spine of the team has been restored. Lees, Hutch and Dave. 

The only question is if Forestieri or any of the other Strikers are good enough to take Joao's place. 

We're on our way back. 

If FF was fit and ready now, we'd be set up completely different with Joao and FF just behind Dave.    FF to the left and Joao to the right.

• Like 1

Even without the goals yesterday, Nuhiu showed what half the fan base have been seeing all along in his all round play.

But yesterday he added the goals that the other half think are essential for a forward to be regarded as anywhere near decent.

So finally, I think we can all agree on Nuhiu MotM and a 9 or 10 out of 10 performance. 

I've always been a fan, but whilst yesterday's performance, and recent decent performances make him a certain starter for the next few game (rest and rotation aside) he has a long way to go to be first on the team sheet in August with a fully fit squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

Adte Nuhiu, goal machine

Adte Nuhiu, goal machine

We should spend the week practicing offensive set pieces 

garymegson

The one Leeds used on us from a free kick was very good, cut us wide open. They should have buried it.

If we could devise a few options like that it would be a big help, if not just beating the first man would be a start.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

The one Leeds used on us from a free kick was very good, cut us wide open. They should have buried it.

If we could devise a few options like that it would be a big help, if not just beating the first man would be a start.

I find it surprising that teams don't have similar routines more often. Two simple passes and the ball was with their centre forward, behind the defenders in the wall and well away from the defenders at the back post. One on one with the keeper, easier to score than miss. Credit to Wildsmith, but a perfect freekick routine was let down by atrocious finishing. 

Reminded me of our free kicks under big Ron with Worthington running down the side. Not the move, as such, but the variation, simplicity and effectiveness. I reckon it'll get them a few goals.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, coreyswfc said:

Because of one game. Have a day off. Very limited footballer. 

For real? I've been saying for 3 years we should get shut!!! Him and Joao frankly have stopped us going down pal, he's earnt a 1 year deal. Will cost us 4x less a wage than Rhodes who for no fault of his is the reason we are fighting against FFP. No brainer.

• Like 1

Didn't go yesterday but by all accounts Nuhiu had another a stormer.

I wrote on this message board that he was unplayable against Reading an absolute beast of a performance.

But he is the one player who suffers the most by petty refereeing, some referees just penalise him because if his size and iwhen you get one of those refs Nuhiu doesn't stand a chance. 

Not sue sue he is good enough to be a starter every week, but what a sub and squad player to have.

Rate him higher than Fletcher and Rhodes

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

According to Nixon Rhodes will be loaned out next season with Ipswich and Bolton already inquiring. 

Hope so, if we could loan him out even at half wages we’ll probably cut our losses by a million a year (or around £2 a game of every supporters ticket price)

4 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

All our strikers are good enough to take his place but they shouldn't be taking his place. Joao has been one of the shining lights of a shambolic season. 

Hooper and Joao for me with FF behind them.

Never thought I'd say this but Nuhiu has earned a contract. 

Impossible but I'd get shut of Rhodes and Fletcher and bring in another striker I. Place of them.

Yeah for next season I’d go with 

hooper

joao

FF

and a new young pacy striker

nuhiu 

rhodes can’t go soon enough, fletcher can take or leave, but preferably leave due to his inflated wages 

Edited by FreshOwl

5 hours ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

I think the OP has gone fishing saying Dave is now spine of the team :CEO:

Maybe not the 'spine' in the footballing sense, but he's certainly accounted for 90% of our team's backbone this past three months.