Dave and Who

All our strikers are good enough to take his place but they shouldn't be taking his place. Joao has been one of the shining lights of a shambolic season. 

Hooper and Joao for me with FF behind them.

Never thought I'd say this but Nuhiu has earned a contract. 

Impossible but I'd get shut of Rhodes and Fletcher and bring in another striker I. Place of them.

It’s great that Nuhiu played so well and scored 2 very important goals yesterday but to say he is now the spine of the team is going a bit far imo. Through out his contract he really hasn’t been good enough. The starting place is his to lose now though, will this form last, hopefully but doubtful. 

Atdhe is never going to be prolific but Jos does seem to have found something extra in him. It may be he's doing a JJ and just playing for a new contract but I somehow doubt it.

Atdhe does have something different, he's slow but has good feet, he's a battler and gives his all even though he's limited.

He's worth another year, maybe 2 if he's not going to want too much. Hopefully next year our other strikers will be fit, on form and hitting the back of the net regularly, if they aren't Atdhe is a decent stand by. 

We never really needed to improve on our original 15/16 pool of strikers and we still dont, a pool of joao/nuhiu with hooper/ff with youngsters like hirst and borukov is fine for this level.

That we spent millions on fees and wages to acquire the likes of fletcher, rhodes, winnall is madness if that money had been spent ensuring fox was not a first team players and improving on wallace and loovens we'd have been promoted last year.

• Thanks 1

Not saying he is an automatic first choice, but as yesterday showed Nuhiu gives us something different that defenders struggle with.

With Forestieri and Hooper to return they will have to work to displace Joao and Dave.

Those four players give pretty much everything needed in a squad.

Pace ..Joao

Height and strength..Nuhiu

Poachers instinct...Hooper

Skill ..Forestieri.

Give Nuhiu a new contract, keep these four as the main strikers.

Help Fletcher Rhodes and Winnall on their way if at all possible.

Waits for the anti Nuhiu brigade's response.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, prowl said:

Atdhe is never going to be prolific but Jos does seem to have found something extra in him. It may be he's doing a JJ and just playing for a new contract but I somehow doubt it.

Atdhe does have something different, he's slow but has good feet, he's a battler and gives his all even though he's limited.

He's worth another year, maybe 2 if he's not going to want too much. Hopefully next year our other strikers will be fit, on form and hitting the back of the net regularly, if they aren't Atdhe is a decent stand by. 

He's a foil which brings other players into the game. 

He's what they would call a false nine in European football and yet also a good old fashioned English style centre forward. 

22 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

According to Nixon Rhodes will be loaned out next season with Ipswich and Bolton already inquiring. 

Bolton would suit Rhodes style of play, maybe we can get the Goal Machine back in return? 

lol

15 minutes ago, trask43 said:

We never really needed to improve on our original 15/16 pool of strikers and we still dont, a pool of joao/nuhiu with hooper/ff with youngsters like hirst and borukov is fine for this level.

That we spent millions on fees and wages to acquire the likes of fletcher, rhodes, winnall is madness if that money had been spent ensuring fox was not a first team players and improving on wallace and loovens we'd have been promoted last year.

Spot on, but it felt good for a couple of weeks knowing Wednesday could afford to spend £10 million on a striker. 

lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Not saying he is an automatic first choice, but as yesterday showed Nuhiu gives us something different that defenders struggle with.

With Forestieri and Hooper to return they will have to work to displace Joao and Dave.

Those four players give pretty much everything needed in a squad.

Pace ..Joao

Height and strength..Nuhiu

Poachers instinct...Hooper

Skill ..Forestieri.

Give Nuhiu a new contract, keep these four as the main strikers.

Help Fletcher Rhodes and Winnall on their way if at all possible.

Waits for the anti Nuhiu brigade's response.

I agree, we just need to concentrate on the service, while at the same time as keeping clean sheets now.