Stadium location?

1 minute ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I can only comment on the English clubs on that list

Arsenal - Highbury was operating at capacity.  haven’t won the title since as had to pay back the cost for years

Man City - gazillions of foreign investment, ground already too small, got it for next to nowt due to commonwealth games

Southampton - tiny ground operating at capacity, billionaire backers

West Ham - operating at capacity, got it for nowt. Fans wish it had never happened

bang on.

1 minute ago, LSOwls said:

1.thumb.png.46216fd541a3df42fcfb38e4eaca6d24.png5.thumb.png.8c6bce7de0f39b70c8169151967f42ce.png3.thumb.png.1d3472dcb4a33cfa0ade7660739ddb9d.png

I do still think there is a load of room to expand; particuarly the kop. Build back to penistone road and a 'fan bar' on the Wednesdayite Car Park

I like the fan bar idea. I’d also have the ticket office and the shop across the road. Then build restaurants where the ticket office is now, the top floor making a concourse for the north stand

4 minutes ago, dnhc said:

what's the roads like out that way?

i'm going for lunch at the manvers arms and wondering which car to take?

help us out here will ya?

all roads here in Mexborough seem to be clear so i guess Manvers should be pretty much the same, just a guess though mate

Edited by steveger

Somewhere in the city centre/Meadowhall for good business and transport sense 

Modern football and stadiums are a 7 day a week business now and Hillsborough area aint exactly as appealing as a commercial income compared to somewhere more central 

Edited by steveger

9 minutes ago, dnhc said:

what's the roads like out that way?

i'm going for lunch at the manvers arms and wondering which car to take?

help us out here will ya?

Aint the Manvers Arms at Adwick though ? could be totally different situation down there ...:wacko:

Regarding these theoretical extra fans and non match day revenue, West Ham,  despite getting the new ground for nowt, despite 20,000 more fans per home match attending (Upton park always sold out), have said the increased revenue amounts to 1.5 Gary Madines.

Edited by upperwinngardensowl

16 minutes ago, dnhc said:

who pays for it?

the crowd at present is limited because people are objecting to paying huge increases in seat prices, even season ticket holders are complaining now.

it's staggering the number of football fans who understand the complexities of finance, it's a wonder they're not the governor of the bank of england. 

building the north stand knocked the club back for decades, what the hell will the cost of a ground do?, and who do we sell the present hillsborough site to the water board? they could use it as a reservoir first time it rains heavy. 

The north stand was built in the 60s hardly a like for like comparison 

Would love to see a breakdown on our hire/commercial income such as private functions,weddings,meetings, conferences etc compared to places like the Keepmoat and New York Stadium, people keep reckoning they are miles ahead off us in these departments...

Been to the keepmoat (conference rooms) for an employment event and it was fresh,modern and looked well to be honest compared to our outdated WMC looking facilities...

This aint just about the football facilities these days

Edited by steveger

1 minute ago, owls101 said:

And you know this how?

Pride Park cost £28 mill in 1997 so what are we looking at paying in today’s prices £50 mill ? and all we would get for that is a bog standard ground not Arsenals Work out the interest on that and it comes to a few bob

16 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

1.thumb.png.46216fd541a3df42fcfb38e4eaca6d24.png5.thumb.png.8c6bce7de0f39b70c8169151967f42ce.png3.thumb.png.1d3472dcb4a33cfa0ade7660739ddb9d.png

I do still think there is a load of room to expand; particuarly the kop. Build back to penistone road and a 'fan bar' on the Wednesdayite Car Park

I think the whole area that the ground sits within is inefficiently developed. This is partly down to the piecemeal development over the last 60 years. 

Whilst I think the kop is a great traditional 'end', you really can't call it a stand, rather than an embankment with a random selection of seating, some of which are restricted views. The back of the stand is bizarre at best, shocking at worst, in it provides no or little facilities. In my view, it needs totalling remodelling, and i'd take the roof off and start again using the land parallel to Penistone as you show in the drawing. The problem is at present that the North side of the stand's seating essentially borders road with little options.

Guest Grez Bez
Just now, steveger said:

Would love to see a breakdown on our hire/commercial income such as private functions,weddings,meetings, conferences etc compared to places like the Keepmoat and New York Stadium, people keep reckoning they are miles ahead off us in these departments...

Been to the keepmoat (conference rooms) for an employment event and it was fresh,modern and looked well to be honest comapred to our outdated WMC looking facilities

Same; would be a great comparison

This is an emotive subject but if you take emotion out of it I think it's logical to move; as much as I love Hillsborough

2 minutes ago, steveger said:

Been to the keepmoat (conference rooms) for an employment event and it was fresh,modern and looked well to be honest comapred to our outdated WMC looking facilities

It's the wrong area for commercial/business events - Bramhall Lane captures that market unfortunately.

Just now, LSOwls said:

Same; would be a great comparison

This is an emotive subject but if you take emotion out of it I think it's logical to move; as much as I love Hillsborough

Exactly mate, our club would struggle to survive on just football income without the money injection from the owner, we need to be self sufficient moving into the future IMO