Stadium location?

I think realistically any new stadium would be near the motorway network, as one of the main issues with the current site is traffic/revenue in the week.

Hate to say it buy I can see it being off the Parkway across from the Mercure.

10 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I live a 20 minute walk from the ground.  I still find it a complete ballache getting to night matches.  I'm not prepared to spend over a hour getting to and from the match.

Wow, each to their own.

I just reckon you're lucky there isn't a neg button anymore.

I live in S25 and every home game takes over an hour to get to Hillsborough and the same back.

As for away games, all part of the day out.

If you find attending Wednesday games a complete ballache then perhaps take up dominos at your local?

Only a 5 minute walk

Guest mkowl
10 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I live a 20 minute walk from the ground.  I still find it a complete ballache getting to night matches.  I'm not prepared to spend over a hour getting to and from the match.

That is the interesting point if you live within the vicinity of S6 I can fully see your point. If you already travel by car to games then being by the M1 would be a whole lot easier if adequate parking. 

You should try going to night games with a min 2 hour drive each way !

3 minutes ago, VBQ24 said:

I think realistically any new stadium would be near the motorway network, as one of the main issues with the current site is traffic/revenue in the week.

That's Rotherham.  Clubs aren't allowed to leave the borough they're located in.

Can't see how being close to the motorway would increase traffic on non matchday's.  

7 minutes ago, VBQ24 said:

Worked wonders for Reading and Coventry that sort of forward thinking !

Just now, mkowl said:

That is the interesting point if you live within the vicinity of S6 I can fully see your point. If you already travel by car to games then being by the M1 would be a whole lot easier if adequate parking. 

You should try going to night games with a min 2 hour drive each way !

Any of you who travel long distances are heroes in my book.  I have to be up at 5.30 every morning for a 45 mile commute.

Guest Grez Bez

Ideally around Castle Market but in reality I think Neepsend would be ideal

1. It's  all brownfield
  2. it's near Hillsborough
  3. It's near Town
  4. It's next to Kelham Island
  5. It's on a train track that could be converter to a tram-train servicing Sheffield to Stocksbridge

58f48b912a49e_NeepsendRoad.png.2d498d3d9b91f4036dd4bdd7ee694b66.png

4 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Just a quick one.... if and when we do decide to relocate, what area would you suggest? I see the latest poll suggests the majority of people think nearer to S1.

there's going to be no stadium relocation this side of 30+ years, if you want it any different get your hand in your pocket REALLY BIG STYLE and start the ball rolling, i suggest chucking £15m into the hat as a starter.

Guest Grez Bez
3 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Another thread about something that most people don’t want to happen, makes zero economic sense, and won’t happen anyway.

It makes a A LOT of sense economically

We need to make more money. I think a new stadium would boost attendances as well open up opportunities to use the stadium on non matchdays..

Guest mkowl
17 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Any of you who travel long distances are heroes in my book.  I have to be up at 5.30 every morning for a 45 mile commute.

I prefer the fact we just need locking up for our own safety. But with a 45 mile commute you aren't far behind. 

Guest Grez Bez
1 minute ago, dnhc said:

it would cost a fortune, who is going to PAY for it?

I don't think you need to worry about that. It's a hypothetical thread...