Stadium location?

Just been having a look on Google Maps for ideas. 

Given the abundance of brownfield land in Sheffield and the surrounding area i’d imagine getting planning permission for anything on a park, or in close proximity to residential areas wouldn’t be so easy. 

Is the land circled here still empty? I live in Leeds now, so apologies if something has gone here that I don’t know about. 

It’s more than big enough for a stadium, other commercial ventures and a car park. No residential nearby. Good transport links. The most obvious downside would be the lack of local watering holes. 

1E0FBCDE-B6E9-4531-A659-99031D2A51F2.jpeg

1 minute ago, Oliver said:

Just been having a look on Google Maps for ideas. 

Given the abundance of brownfield land in Sheffield and the surrounding area i’d imagine getting planning permission for anything on a park, or in close proximity to residential areas wouldn’t be so easy. 

Is the land circled here still empty? I live in Leeds now, so apologies if something has gone here that I don’t know about. 

It’s more than big enough for a stadium, other commercial ventures and a car park. No residential nearby. Good transport links. The most obvious downside would be the lack of local watering holes. 

1E0FBCDE-B6E9-4531-A659-99031D2A51F2.jpeg

The traffic would be horrendous due to proximity to Meadowhall.

8 minutes ago, OxOwl said:

Parkwood springs / old ski village

Parkwood Springs has too much specific interest from a conservation, wildlife, and heritage angle, the old ski village has a couple of proposals already progressing to regenerate it as an activity/sports centre.

24 minutes ago, Treborowl said:

Hillsborough Park would be excellent. Not sure the council would go for that though. The site opposite the kop has been suggested but it's triangular so I don't think it would take a decent sized stadium. The training ground however is slightly bigger, and might be OK, especially if one stand could be built above the river. Some consideration would would then have to be given to the possibility of flooding...

To be honest I would prefer to see Hillsborough tarted up a bit or a new stadium built, but definitely in the north of Sheffield and with good transport links to the M1 at Meadowhall & Chapeltown. 

Smithywood?.

• Like 1

Imagine this on Parkwood 

we could be like the original kop build it in to a hill or mound of earth 

completely redevelop the whole area with shops restaurants  big chain fast-food

A ski centre wouldn't do any business here no everyone goes to the indoor snow domes in Yorkshire and Milton Keynes way

alpensia_stadium06.jpg

1 hour ago, Oliver said:

C8D910EC-61FA-465E-A316-9EA252BF9B52.jpeg

This would be the ideal location for a new stadium.  However, I'd prefer to redevelop Hillsborough.

Any move to the M1 corridor would end my 50 odd years of attendance.

3 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Just a quick one.... if and when we do decide to relocate, what area would you suggest? I see the latest poll suggests the majority of people think nearer to S1.

We dont need to move. Hillsbro is our home . The old girl just needs a little bit of a facelift . 

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
11 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

This would be the ideal location for a new stadium.  However, I'd prefer to redevelop Hillsborough.

Any move to the M1 corridor would end my 50 odd years of attendance.

Out of interest why ?

Not a criticism just wondering. If there were decent transport links would it be an issue