Stadium location?

49 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Hillsborough park. 

Hillsborough Park would be excellent. Not sure the council would go for that though. The site opposite the kop has been suggested but it's triangular so I don't think it would take a decent sized stadium. The training ground however is slightly bigger, and might be OK, especially if one stand could be built above the river. Some consideration would would then have to be given to the possibility of flooding...

To be honest I would prefer to see Hillsborough tarted up a bit or a new stadium built, but definitely in the north of Sheffield and with good transport links to the M1 at Meadowhall & Chapeltown. 

24 minutes ago, oi_you_owl said:

Kelham or redevelopment.

I'd worry about a west ham situation with a move.

They've cocked up royally there. Their owners have shafted the whole West Ham fan base and history. For a quick buck they flogged land to developers who built more rabbit hutches. A cheap deal to use an athletics stadium stuck in the middle of a regeneration project that will be full of more rabbit hutches and bookended by a shopping centre. The stadium itself is not fit for purpose when it comes to watching football, managing two sets of fans, or creating atmosphere. Laughable.

One thing that a purpose built stadium May be at risk of, but I don't think any new build for football would ever be as bad as the Olympic Stadium.

There's a few land opportunities around Hillsborough. Loads of options that could work if a new stadium became a realistic plan. I think Tottenham's new build is a good example of staying local.

I was always a big advocate for a new build, but I've been looking at a few redeveloped stadiums recently, and for example, looking at Liverpool's new stand and how they built that; it was done well, same could be done at Hillsborough.

Certainly lots of options for the future.

• Thanks 1