Player Ratings V. Leeds Utd

Nice to see a few familiar names back today,wasnt a stellar performance,but even a mucky win up @ the filthy end of yorkshires welcome anytime.

Adthe for me,hes been strong the last few games,takes the fight to the opposition,plays with his heart on his sleeve,Hutch was strong,as were Hunt & Lees,thought Pelepussy had by far his best game in an Owls shirt,be nice to hear others views

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Wildsmith 7   One very good save

Hunt  6  Did ok.  Nice cross for first goal

Venancio 7 Solid but distribution is poor 

Lees 8 Apart from one back pass immense 

Pudil 6 Ok but shaky at times

Boyd 5 works hard but not the answer 

Pelupessy 7 very good game.  Much easier for him alongside Hutch.

Hutchinson 7 Like he’s never been away 

Reach 5 not at his best yesterday and missed a good chance.  Still worked hard.

Joao 6 nothing really came off but still looked a threat.

Nuhiu 8 excellent performance and two good goals 

Bannan 5 a bit rusty. Great to have him back though 

Fox n/a

Guest Ash76
3 hours ago, Gresh said:

Wildsmith - 7

Hunt - 7

Venancio - 7

Lees - 8

Pudil - 7

Boyd - 5

Pelupessy - 6

Hutchinson - 8

Reach - 7

Joao - 7

Nuhiu - 9

Can’t disagree with a single one of those 

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Can’t disagree with a single one of those 

Make that two of us. Although Boyd wouldn’t get in my Wednesday night game, if we were a man shirt. He was absolute turd. No pace, no energy, no end product. Ok it might be a strange place for him to play but it looked like he was running through treacle. 

With Bannon back Reach has to play on the left. 

Nuhiu 9

Lees 8

Pelupessy 6

Boyd 5

The rest 7

That was one of the Nuhiu’s best games for us when he has started a championship game - he was excellent. Tom Lees just won about everything in the air and we look a much better at the back.  

Bannan was off the pace when he came on but I think the return of him and Hutch gave everyone a lift.

Wildsmith - 6 Did ok with the saves but does not command his area 

Hunt - 5   Great cross for the goal but meh 

Venancio - 7 Steady away, improved by playing right side 

Lees - 9 Rock 

Pudil - 7 Gave all he could

Boyd - 5 Slow and constantly gave the ball away 

Pelupessy - 7 Better 

Hutchinson - 8 Bit reckless at times but hey thats Hutch 

Reach - 6 some good some bad needs to be LWB

Joao - 7 Great first half not so second but keeps defenders occupied 

Nuhiu - 9.5  Best i have seen him play , even won some headers .

BB ,, Bit rusty but great to see him back 

Ref 9  Most Refs would have given a free kick before the last goal .

2 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Wildsmith - 6 Did ok with the saves but does not command his area 

Hunt - 5   Great cross for the goal but meh 

Venancio - 7 Steady away, improved by playing right side 

Lees - 9 Rock 

Pudil - 7 Gave all he could

Boyd - 5 Slow and constantly gave the ball away 

Pelupessy - 7 Better 

Hutchinson - 8 Bit reckless at times but hey thats Hutch 

Reach - 6 some good some bad needs to be LWB

Joao - 7 Great first half not so second but keeps defenders occupied 

Nuhiu - 9.5  Best i have seen him play , even won some headers .

BB ,, Bit rusty but great to see him back 

Ref 9  Most Refs would have given a free kick before the last goal .

So did you give the ref a 9 solely based on that one decision,or was he good all the game.

10 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Stobbs at LWB?!

Palmer has struggled at RWB

Think that might show how slow Boyd has looked. I don't know what has happened to him. He is not who I thought we had signed.

3 or 4 times yesterday he failed to reach what I thought were decent passes which you expect an ordinary player to run onto. Almost tragically he and Rhodes are terribly slow in relation to my recollections of them prior to signing for us.

I think Reach has to play LWB when Hutch and Bannan are settled in again.

I agree it was probably Nuhiu's best game for us and I wouldn't be averse to giving him a modest contract as 5/6th choice. The question is can we afford to have a senior pro as 6th choice with FFP looming and would he want to be so low in the pecking order? I think he will want to play regularly and to be brutally honest he is not good enough to be anything more than an emergency starter or a tactical option.

Can't fault his attitude but if he is a regular we are aiming for mid table at best, unless performances like yesterday become the norm of course.

Think Hunt was better than some are giving credit and Pelupessy had a decent game. Reach had one of his poorer games and should have scored when put through by Joao early on but he did get the header leading to the first goal. I think he is now suffering from being asked to run midfield for the past few weeks (and played in every game without a break) and may be trying to do too much.

Hutch and Lees were very good as is expected. Wildsmith needs to be more dominant but he may be told to stay at home as we have three central defenders. Martin Hodge similarly was a great shot stopper but did not command his box. I have a feeling that he was told to leave crosses for Lyons, Smith, Shirtliff, Madden etc to deal with so maybe the same applies to Wildsmith when we have 3 centre backs so some criticism of him may be harsh.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Stobbs at LWB?!

Palmer has struggled at RWB

Boyd says he is not at his best at lwb . Think he has never played there but the club is short in that position. He said he wants to play so has no choice and is happy to do it. He does look unfit after so long out, or he may have lost something forever in passing 30 at Burnley so they allowed him to go. like Jones. But he is committed and keeps trying.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, debram said:

Thought that about the ref too so well done to him, it was just old fashioned brute strength from dave imo

Shoulder charge nothing wrong with that.... ok if you want to be picky (which we don't) it might almost, in the wrong light and from a funny angle, have been in their players back. What the hell, Atdhe gets penalised all the time for things he hasn't done , he might have got a break this time.

He still took it well and he looked like he was really motoring. (Is that possible?)  lol

1 hour ago, AracdianDreamer said:

What does Pelupessy do?

He was billed up as being a strong tackler who plays the first pass of the counter attacking move. We’ve seen a bit of that in the Derby match but not much else.

Not an easy situation for him moving abroad mid-season to a club in our position so, like Jos, I won’t be judging him just yet. Seems a passionate player and hopefully we’ll see more of him as he grows in confidence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AracdianDreamer said:

What does Pelupessy do?

If you combine interceptions and tackles into the category of "defensive actions"... then he made the most of those of any player on either team on Saturday. So... um... that? 

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 1