Feeding on scraps....

1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

Who was the kindly gentleman with the whistle today, and did his watch stop? For a match to have 9 added minutes, one would expect that there has been some serious disruption to the game

Dont think we have done too well this season ref wise

1 minute ago, darra said:

Loved it when he used his white spray to mark out the free kick on the white snow

ha

there was a free kick the other week basicly on the line of the penalty box and the soft git drew a line

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Ludicrous isn't it?..The bloody euphoria of abject sheete turning to gold?

I absolutely knew we scored too early...Which is a patently ridiculous thing to say when your team scores with 10 minutes or so left....but being a Wednesdayite you actually know...Its too early.

I simply sat an' shouted "Blow up Ref"..until the inevitable equaliser hit the net..Then you stop and bow to the inevitable, expect the next time Elland rd is mentioned, its either full time or f.ook up..

Ive actually broken me printer wiv me knee when  Wednesday got the second...I'm bloody 60 yrs old for the sake f.ookery!!.....

I honestly don't know how much more I can take of the idiocy....I should be a sorta calm  phlegmatic sorta take it as it comes bloke...

In no way should I be wreckin' computer hardware and dad dancin' around the living room...is there a tablet I could take or summat?...I'm f.ookin' fed up of it

This is one of the reasons I try to get to the games.  Hugging grown men that I don’t know when we score is bad enough at my age, but it’s probably slightly better than dancing round the front room punching the air shouting get the f.ck in with my two young daughters telling me off. :picnic:

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Ludicrous isn't it?..The bloody euphoria of abject sheete turning to gold?

I absolutely knew we scored too early...Which is a patently ridiculous thing to say when your team scores with 10 minutes or so left....but being a Wednesdayite you actually know...Its too early.

I simply sat an' shouted "Blow up Ref"..until the inevitable equaliser hit the net..Then you stop and bow to the inevitable, expect the next time Elland rd is mentioned, its either full time or f.ook up..

Ive actually broken me printer wiv me knee when  Wednesday got the second...I'm bloody 60 yrs old for the sake f.ookery!!.....

I honestly don't know how much more I can take of the idiocy....I should be a sorta calm  phlegmatic sorta take it as it comes bloke...

In no way should I be wreckin' computer hardware and dad dancin' around the living room...is there a tablet I could take or summat?...I'm f.ookin' fed up of it

Know exactly how you feel ! Been doing this for 50 years and it's bloody tortuous at times. My wife doesn't know why I bother as most Sat evenings I'm so moody, usually down to an injury time equaliser or bloody awful performance. It's impossible to explain to an outsider but UTO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twodogs446 said:

Know exactly how you feel ! Been doing this for 50 years and it's bloody tortuous at times. My wife doesn't know why I bother as most Sat evenings I'm so moody, usually down to an injury time equaliser or bloody awful performance. It's impossible to explain to an outsider but UTO. 

Wife gave up trying to understand it years ago. She does however understand that Saturdays during the season nothing can be arranged that mean leaving the house. Bless her

1 minute ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

This is one of the reasons I try to get to the games.  Hugging grown men that I don’t know when we score is bad enough at my age, but it’s probably slightly better than dancing round the front room punching the air shouting get the f.ck in with my two young daughters telling me off. :picnic:

I hate not being there, can afford a season ticket but can't afford  £40 at Leeds....but to be honest..I hardly watch at Hillsborough..Sat head down 10 left...1-0 up...

Never listen to away games on the radio...get to the odd few, but still sit head down.

I dunno why I go...honest....

I seriously need some sort of psychological input..I'm as bad now as I was when i was f.ookin' 10..I don't burst into tears or owt..but me stomach turns over , when its 1-0 to Wednesday and the oppos attack, I can't look..I just wait for the inevitable cheer from the Lepp...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I hate not being there, can afford a season ticket but can't afford  £40 at Leeds....but to be honest..I hardly watch at Hillsborough..Sat head down 10 left...1-0 up...

Never listen to away games on the radio...get to the odd few, but still sit head down.

I dunno why I go...honest....

I seriously need some sort of psychological input..I'm as bad now as I was when i was f.ookin' 10..I don't burst into tears or owt..but me stomach turns over , when its 1-0 to Wednesday and the oppos attack, I can't look..I just wait for the inevitable cheer from the Lepp...

This.

I just assume unless we are 2-0 up in the 94th minute (when the 4th official has signalled 3 extra minutes) then we are going to throw it away. I also think if I don't watch then the worst can't happen. But then again £550 a year to sit there not watching a game and still have to put up with phantom trumping is a bit daft really...

If I remember correctly many years ago we were 4-1 up at home with about 10 minutes to go. I think it ended 4-4. probably early 70's, Hull I think.

Long time ago, I can't remember the details exactly but the feeling of my stomach turning over as each goal went in, the desperate feeling of disbelief has never left me. 

27 minutes ago, prowl said:

If I remember correctly many years ago we were 4-1 up at home with about 10 minutes to go. I think it ended 4-4. probably early 70's, Hull I think.

Long time ago, I can't remember the details exactly but the feeling of my stomach turning over as each goal went in, the desperate feeling of disbelief has never left me. 

Boothferry Park mate.  I think they hit the bar at 4-4.

16 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Who was the kindly gentleman with the whistle today, and did his watch stop? For a match to have 9 added minutes, one would expect that there has been some serious disruption to the game

Two goals (the third came after six minutes extra was announced), injury to Pudil (great tackle, rescued Lees), injury to Hutchinson (reckless tackle, thought he'd done himself a bad one), Wildsmith booked for time wasting, four (?) substitutions. Five/six minutes is what I expected. But surprised that with Nuhiu's goal celebration, another substitution, and the faffing around with the last kick free-kick that we didn't go much over six minutes.

Edited by Tamworthowl

12 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I was sure it was at home. It shows how the mind plays tricks.

I knew someone would remember.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
25 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Yeah; was away. Shame on me but I was at Bramall Lane. 4-1 up and a few minutes to go then watched some bloke changing the 1 sign for a 2 then 3 then 4. Bugger