He should have a new deal and play the squad role he has this season , he is a different option and at times is worth his weight in gold. 

I’d happily sell Rhodes , offload that over paid crock fletcher (easier said than done ) and have joao , nuihu , hooper (although his injuries are also wearing thin) ff and another 

8 hours ago, Owl.1867 said:

He's 24, will be 25 shortly after the start of next season; hardly a prospect. This is him.

7 hours ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

But Atdhe has and continues to improve under Jos.

So Atdhe has improved but Joao can’t anymore???

11 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

He’s better than many give him credit for and did get double figures under gray. Just not the kind of striker to get a team into the top six on his own. He is inconsistent, skillful and calm one week, uncoordinated the next.

I think he’s proven he has improved during his time here and arguably deserves a new deal. However I’m torn on it, he’s clearly a key player in terms of character and attitude and he offers something that others can’t simply due to his size.

But we look up against it financially so it depends which direction we go in. We have better strikers but few as committed and patient as Adthe

Good point. I wish we didn't need him, but we do. I love the bloke, opposition hate him. That's good enough for me!

My biggest criticisms of him would be his lack of pace and not scoring enough goals- there was a thread on here the other day about the one he should have scored against Bolton.

However, he has scored and created some important goals recently, he’s an excellent option coming off the bench- particularly his close technique when defending a lead late on- and his attitude is exceptional. It’s quite clear a lot of the team look to him as a leader and he’s always the player to try and get the crowd going when we’ve been poo recently.

Sign him up.

Deserves a new contract even before yesterday. Useful squad player and offers something different. Rubbish in the air yet with the ball at his feet he managers to skin people for fun. Constantly hear from opposition how they hate playing against him. Now put a good run of form together (whose to say that won't continue under Jos)

He's not first choice, but as a squad player we won't find much better. Rarely injured too

10 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Still see Joao as improving. A prospect. 

Not Dave tho. Not at all

You may well be proven right mate. I just find Joao incredibly frustrating. That through ball yesterday to Reach (I think,) was brilliant... but much of the time he couldn't pick a pass if his life depended on it. He seems to think and see far more slowly than he moves.... ironically, probably the exact opposite of Nuhiu! As a foil for the likes of Hooper and FF I think Nuhiu is possibly the better option.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

So Atdhe has improved but Joao can’t anymore???

It's you that said one can improve but one can't not me. I've said clearly in other threads that Jos can take credit for improving both.

55 minutes ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

After yesterday he should be renamed THE BEAST FROM THE EAST - coldest day at a football match for me in 50 odd years of following the Owls but a great day out !

He’s from Pristina - more south than east...

OK he's limited and maybe not the best finisher at the club, but you have to give the big man credit for his attitude and endeavour to that second goal clinically. 

Have to also give credit to Jos, we're beginning to see some of the players such as Dave start to show they are good enough at this level and got him playing well and scoring a few goals again, almost looking like he did under SG where he'd get double figures for goals, not prolific by any means but adequate at this level. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

He’s from Pristina - more south than east...

The beast from the South East it is then.

The following from my Leeds ST pal...

Nuhiu did make a difference by scoring both goals and defending set pieces very well. He is huge. I have to say that Wednesday were awful apart from scoring 2 goals. I haven’t seen a team give the ball away so often for a long time. We just couldn’t capitalise. Generally 2 poor teams really.