44 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He’s better than many give him credit for and did get double figures under gray. Just not the kind of striker to get a team into the top six on his own. He is inconsistent, skillful and calm one week, uncoordinated the next.

...and we signed Fletcher to replace him, let's be honest.  He did OK in his first season, but I'd rather have Nuhiu than Fletch in my squad right now.  Also he's younger...less injury prone and harder to play against.  It's a no brainer for me..

• Like 1

Just now, Suzuki_San said:

...and we signed Fletcher to replace him, let's be honest.  He did OK in his first season, but I'd rather have Nuhiu than Fletch in my squad right now.  Also he's younger...less injury prone and harder to play against.  It's a no brainer for me..

We did and other than the 4 year contract I think that was fine. Fletcher is more consistent in front of goal and offered a more tall aggressive option than Hooper and FF.  

However I think when Nuhiu comes on, you can still see that he even offers something different to Fletcher given that he is just a giant. He has that awkwardness you can’t really deal with. 

We are committed to Fletcher for another 2 years and it’s unlikely we will be able to move him on so Nuhius future will depend on whether we can afford him.

I don't really care what Owlstalk finest think about him, especially when they come out with the ignorant 'doesn't score enough goals' argument.

4 Different managers have had no problems turning to him, his teammates know what he offers and what he gives them, and opposition managers respect him as a player.

Quite frankly we will always have more chance of winning a game of football with him on the pitch than we would with Rhodes or Fletcher who are costing God knows how much more in wages.

33 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I don't really care what Owlstalk finest think about him, especially when they come out with the ignorant 'doesn't score enough goals' argument.

4 Different managers have had no problems turning to him, his teammates know what he offers and what he gives them, and opposition managers respect him as a player.

Quite frankly we will always have more chance of winning a game of football with him on the pitch than we would with Rhodes or Fletcher who are costing God knows how much more in wages.

Thats the first league game we have won in which he has started for over 2 years.

We have won more this season with Fletcher and Rhodes starting. FACT.

Whether he is good enough or not long-term...

Today is his day and he deserves all the plaudits. 

If he does depart in the summer, then he can do so knowing that his goals played a big part in us (hopefully) stopping up. 

Been very impressed with João recently. I thought he had a very good first half today, but hardly got a touch in the second.

Overall though, he's been the only fit player over these last couple of months with any kind of X-Factor.

18 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Still see Joao as improving. A prospect. 

Not Dave tho. Not at all

Since the middle of January he has played 10+5 games and scored 6 goals (and at least a couple of assists). That surely must be the most prolific spell of his almost five seasons with the club by some distance? Given that easily the biggest criticism of him is the lack of goal threat and that many view scoring as about the only thing that matters for a striker, how does this not represent an improvement?

5 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

That’s totally missing the point, he’s just not good enough for a team supposedly aiming for promotion. 

Good at keeping us away from a relegation battle though. You do realise we could be relegated without him, don't you?

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

Still see Joao as improving. A prospect. 

Not Dave tho. Not at all

But Atdhe has and continues to improve under Jos.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc