28 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

7 goals in 1260 minutes this year. 

Goal every 180 minutes.

Vital goals too.

Hes having an excellent season. 

This. An excellent contribution from a squad player. And a great character in the dressing room.

24 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

How many games has he played in, out of interest?

13 starts, 7 goals.

Taken part in 21 league games, only 1 start before the turn of the year

9 starts in the league (4 goals)

4 starts in the FA cup (3 goals)

0 starts in the EFL cup (0 goals)

When on the bench in the league he’s only played 30 mins or more on 4 occasions, the rest has mainly been bits and bobs

Edited by McRightSide
  • Like 1

If we are skint and he is cheap that in itself suggests it wouldn’t be wrong to give him a new contract.

While he hasn’t played that much he seems a good risk from an injury perspective 

If we did decide to let him go there would a few bottom half championship clubs after him

He’s better than many give him credit for and did get double figures under gray. Just not the kind of striker to get a team into the top six on his own. He is inconsistent, skillful and calm one week, uncoordinated the next.

I think he’s proven he has improved during his time here and arguably deserves a new deal. However I’m torn on it, he’s clearly a key player in terms of character and attitude and he offers something that others can’t simply due to his size.

But we look up against it financially so it depends which direction we go in. We have better strikers but few as committed and patient as Adthe

• Like 1

For me Nuhiu offers something different to the other players we have. Inconsistent? Yes. But the nightmare he can give to defenders with his presence is frightening. He draws 2 and sometimes 3 defenders away from a decent striker in Hooper.

As he doesn't the fancy stuff of score loads people underrate him. A bit like a defensive midfielder is abused.

He was shocking first half today, proper driving me mad....but second half he kept trying and was strong and took his goal well, didn't think he had it in him.

Please let him go in the summer tho, he can get games week in week out somewhere else, and the fans will probably appreciate him for his hard work this season

2 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Well let’s look at potentially next seasons squad. 

Hooper, FF, Joao, Winnall

All in front of Dave, that’s without mentioning Rhodes or Fletcher who I’d try and get rid of. 

Prefer Atty to Joao to be honest. Not as tricksy but a better footballer for me.

The most likeable player in our squad for me.

Did an interview I think that was posted on here that painted him in a really good light - seems thoughtful and articulate.

Combine that with his attitude, the moments of skill where a person the shape of a fridge-freezer shouldn’t be able to pull off and memorable goals (today, his debut and Man City stick in my head) and he’s somebody that I just want to see succeed, hopefully with us.

Well done big man, somebody for everybody to look up to (apart from Neilsen of course).