George Boyd "we can mount a serious promotion push next season"

“We need to get to the end of the season and I’m more than excited for next season with the squad we’ve got,” said Boyd.

“I feel we can mount a serious promotion push, if we had every one fit, we would be up there.

“There is no doubt about that with what we have in the dressing room.

“We have to deal with the hand we’ve been dealt this season and go again next. There is more than enough in that dressing room.”

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, torryowl said:

I think he's right .......needs a bit of tweeking but we do have some very talented players who are more than capable of contending for a top 6 spot . 

Some of them may indeed have talent but to be honest too many of them have shown themselves to be mentally frail IMO. 

1 minute ago, F. Spiksley said:

He's hardly going to say we've not got a cat in hell's chance is he now? Don't see anything wrong with what he's said. 

lol

UTO

Why not just say we need to pull our fingers out because 1 win in 10 league games is simply taking the obvious out of our fans. That would be more appropriate 

11 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Some of them may indeed have talent but to be honest too many of them have shown themselves to be mentally frail IMO. 

must admit I've never thought that , when we were firing last season the way the players kept going to the end and scoring so many late goals made me think they had summat about them . ...........been a poor old season this time round but again I've never thought it was down to mental frailty.

• Like 1

Just now, torryowl said:

must admit I've never thought that , when we were firing last season the way the players kept going to the end and scoring so many late goals made me think they had summat about them . ...........been a poor old season this time round but again I've never thought it was down to mental frailty.

It had honestly not crossed my mind either before this season, but sometimes you need to see how people react when the poo is hitting the fan to get the measure of them, it's the first time we've seen such circumstance. For me, I'd need my players to have the mental fortitude, first and foremost. How often in sport do you see strong characters overachieve because they just don't give in or accept their limited ability, quite often I think. 

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

“We need to get to the end of the season and I’m more than excited for next season with the squad we’ve got,” said Boyd.

“I feel we can mount a serious promotion push, if we had every one fit, we would be up there.

“There is no doubt about that with what we have in the dressing room.

“We have to deal with the hand we’ve been dealt this season and go again next. There is more than enough in that dressing room.”

With Two more left backs, Two more centre backs and Two more physically and mentally strong, athletic and aggressive central midfielders

At the very least one in each of those positions, and if we can move a couple of injury prone strikers on to cover the cost then we might have a decent team

garymegson

3 minutes ago, Watson said:

I know we need more negativity, what's the lad thinking of?  

Well, he could start with his focus being 100% on the here and now for me. 

Why he'd even talk about that right now is beyond me to be honest.

Edited by Morepork